Complaint Review: Telecheck

• Updated: Wed, November 10, 2010

• Reported By: V. Wolfe — Oxford Wisconsin United States of America
Telecheck
5251- Westheimer Houston, Texas United States of America

Telecheck Telecheck contact name Vin Telecheck/Walmart declined my business/personal checks for reasons that they wanted to update me Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: V. Wolfe, Maybe the fact that the Federal Reserve recently decided to inject another $600 BILLION into the banking system....

*General Comment: Hopefully the FTC will start sniffing around

*Consumer Comment: What year is this?

I recently (10/28/2010) shopped at my local Wal-mart in Portage WI. I do most of my shopping there for my childcare business. After I finished checking out the cashier had told me that my check had been declined, I proceeded to use a personal check instead of a company check and the same thing happened. I knew both of these accounts had more than enough money in them. Then I used my debit card and that was ok, the transaction from this card comes directly out of my checking account, the same account that my check was declined. Now Im not one who complains a lot but this is the third (3rd) time this has happened in about a year. The cashier gave me a slip with information on it to call telecheck, so I did. Just like the other 2 times the gentleman (Vin) on the phone took various personal information and told me to hold. After about 5 minutes he returned and said that my account was ok to use now, and that they just needed to up date information on me. I was furious about the fact that I was very embarrassed in line at my local Wal-Mart just so could get some info on me! He told me that this would never happen again, and I told him this was the 3rd time this had happened. I ended the call at that point.

I know that when a check has an insufficient fund return it usually ends up in a returned check database. I cant understand what gives them the right to put a stop on your accounts so you will call them and answer questions a your personal back ground. As far as Im concerned this is a form of harassment. Im not one to sick lawyers on people but telecheck really needs to be checked out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2010 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Telecheck/Houston-Texas-77056/Telecheck-Telecheck-contact-name-Vin-TelecheckWalmart-declined-my-businesspersonal-check-656858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telecheck

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

has something to do with your check being declined, right?

Maybe the money that you believed to be in your account wasn't actually there, correct?

*If you type in 411913 and go to that Ripoff Report you can read 'Consumer Comment #17'.

(There's some valuable information that a Harvard Business Professor shared with his class of executives that appears in that consumer comment.)

Hopefully you'll never be embarrassed like that again.

Good luck to you.

#2 General Comment

Hopefully the FTC will start sniffing around

AUTHOR: Bullthistle - (U.S.A.)

Back in December '08 Telecheck declined me at Wal Mart also and found out that it was for a checking account that was over 10 years old and the bank couldn't find any information on the account because it was destroyed and secondly they reported to ChexSystems not Telecheck so someone at the company intentionally put fabricated information into the system beyond 7 years and I hesitated about suing, who needs the B.S. and finding competent counsel is harder then most people assume however I just sent a letter to the FTC about TeleCheck's tactics complaining about Equifax and sent a copy of a complaint from Rip-off so hopefully they check. Back then I said I'd put them out of business but I changed my focus but now I am salivating. TeleCheck has to go down or at least to be put through the misery they hung around consumer's necks. Writing to the FTC or your representative always helps besides griping on here.

What year is this?

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

If you have a debit card why did you write a check in the first place?  You could get a debit card for your business.  If you don't want to be embarrased about a check being declined, then use a debit card like everyone else from this century.  Then you won't be using Telecheck.

There is no reason in this day and age for someone to slow down lines and have businesses risk your check bouncing when you could quickly guarantee their payment with a debit card.  The day is coming when retail outlets won't accept checks at all.

What do you think a lawyer is going to do?  It's fine that you consider this harassment, but I guarantee you the law doesn't.  You can always choose not to do business with Wal-Mart and Telecheck if you feel "harassed".

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC