Complaint Review: Telecheck/TRS REcovery Service, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, November 05, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: wbyrd — muskogee Oklahoma United States of America
Telecheck/TRS REcovery Service, Inc.
5251 Westheimer Houston, Texas United States of America

Telecheck/TRS REcovery Service, Inc. Telecheck has the wrong person, wrong bank, wrong Drivers Lic. number but I still can't cash a check in stores Houston, Texas

I received a statement from Telecheck in the mail. Before opening it I noticed that my last name was misspelled. Correct last name Byrd, misspelled last name Bird. My first name, and address was correct. I opened the statement and it showed that I had several hot checks out at the Dollar store, Walmart, and kmart. I had more than enough money to cover any checks written but I hadn't been to any of the stores mentioned in several weeks so I went to my online banking and noticed there was nothing on my account, so I called my bank. There were no returned checks, so I called Telecheck. I told the lady that I haven't went to the D. Store, Kmart, or Walmart in awhile and I didn't write any checks there at all. I told her that the statement had my last name misspelled, that it was B Y R D, Not Bird. She wanted my lic. number. At first I was hesitant to give it to her but I did. She asked me for the name of my bank and I told her, she asked for my account number, hesitantly I gave that to her too. I asked her what bank was the hot checks made from. It was a different bank. I only have one checking account, and it's in my correct name. She told me that I have to file a stolen Identity report. My Identity  hasn't been stolen. We live in a town of about 40,000 people. There's nowhere I can cash a check. I guess they all use Telecheck. I am not going to file a stolen Identity report because no one has stolen my identity. It's something in Telechecks computers. On the statement the last name is Bird instead of Byrd. Wrong bank, wrong account number, wrong account number, wrong license number...but still I can't write a check. Telecheck said that if I wanted to correct this than I would need to make a stolen identity report. On what? The account the hot checks were made in isn't in my name, not even the same checking account number...how can I make a stolen identity report on some mix up in telechecks computer??? This is bull crap. This is telechecks mistake, not mine. I haven't written any hot checks, but because of their mess up the stores here won't accept any of my checks. They really need to be sued!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TelecheckTRS-REcovery-Service-Inc/Houston-Texas-77056/TelecheckTRS-REcovery-Service-Inc-Telecheck-has-the-wrong-person-wrong-bank-wrong-Dr-965031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telecheck/TRS REcovery Service, Inc.