Complaint Review: telus

• Reported By: mp — calgary Alberta Canada
telus
Nationwide United States of America

telus telus rip off illegal collection illegal billing Internet, Nationwide

3 years ago I switched from Shaw to telus for my internet.it worked great,I payed my bills. Then I moved to a new house. I transfered my service and the first day my internet worked. They didn't even need to come connect anything. For 2 months it worked great. But I didn't receive any bills.at 3 months the service was cut off. Thinking telus simply failed to change my mailing address I went to my old house but no bills had arrived for me. I called telus and discovered I had no account with them. They had no record of le ever having had their internet service. Furthermore they couldn't find my house in their database. It took them over an hour simply to add ky address to their database just so they could give me service. So I owed them nothing at this point but they needed to send service person out to connect my internet.here's the first round of insane problems. The house was a fourplex,and the box they needed access to was downstairs.the girl down there was never home earlier than 6 pm. The service guy arrived at 2 when no one was home at all.this went on at least 10 times. The last guy told le they don't book service calls that late. So whatever,they never hooked it up ly bill is zero. Then I got a hill. First for $80, and I called telus they couldn't explain it. Then I got another bill for $200. I called again telling them I wasn't using their service it was never connected. After about 5 calls they claimed the charge was for a modem. Somwe modem I didn't order,ask for or receive.after a few more calls they told me my account was closed and the balance was zero.they even sent me an invoice stating the balance as zero. Great. Until now.I decided to try telus again and called them.well,turns out they put over $200 into collections against me. For nothing. Customer service could.tell me nothing.now I begin the long difficult journey of clearing my name when I've done nothing wrong. Telus is scamming me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 12:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/telus/nationwide/telus-telus-rip-off-illegal-collection-illegal-billing-Internet-Nationwide-1008083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on telus