Complaint Review: Ten Scores

• Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: The Adwords Guy — Los Angeles California
Ten Scores
4437B Avenue Coloniale Montreal, Quebec USA

Ten Scores tenscores.com tenscores.com Ten Scores is a scam and ripped me off! Montreal Quebec

*Author of original report: Yet another email?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Who are you?

*Author of original report: Proof of what? Your idiot accounting system?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Proof

*Author of original report: Don't believe a word from this scammer!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To the reader of this report interested in our company

*Author of original report: We're finished.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please, help me understand...

*Author of original report: Nice response, but clearly still a scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A clear mis-understanding

I ran across tenscores.com while researching how to improve the CTR of my adwords ads while reducing my spend per click. Their website seemed legit and promised to improve the returns from my adwords campaigns.

I joined and used their tools for three months. During that time I encountered screen freezes, repeated login issues, and cryptic error messages. Worse, after 3 months of following their advice and prompts, there was no improvement in my campaigns.

At this point I decided to part ways with tenscores.com. I logged into my account and cancelled, and received an automated email confirmation. A couple of hours later I received an email from someone named Chris stating that a refund was being issued.

So far, so good. I was still angry at having been misled about the quality of their service, but I thought if they issued a refund, no harm, no foul.

What happended next is the reason I am filing this report. Two days later they once again charged my card for a monthly fee. I tried to call someone there, but they don't apparently believe in actually speaking to their customers. I next sent an email to support. A day later I rec'd a snotty response indicating that a refund was already issued. I sent an email back saying that's not the issue, the issue is that you are continuing to bill me after I cancelled my account. At this point, they stopped responding.

It has been a week now and there is no refund on my credit card. I am filing this report to warn everyone about tenscores.com - they have an impressive website but their tools are buggy and clearly don't live up to their marketing claims. Their billing system is either the worst I have ever seen or they are outright scammers.

My next step is to file a chargeback on my card. Again, I am filing this report to warn other marketing pros to stay away from tenscores.com - it's completely bogus or a scam, but obviously a waste of time and money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ten-Scores/Montreal-Quebec-H2W-2C5/Ten-Scores-tenscorescom-tenscorescom-Ten-Scores-is-a-scam-and-ripped-me-off-Montreal-Q-1166151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ten Scores

Yet another email?

AUTHOR: The Adwords Guy - ()

Why would I send yet another email? After the first three were ignored I had no choice but to iniate a chareback on my credit card, which you should receive shortly.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Who are you?

Hello,

I sincerely do not know who you are. If you're not Mike, then all you have to do is send me an email and tell me who you are, we'll give you a refund as was always promised if what you say is true that it has not been initiated yet. My offer to help you with your Adwords and Quality Scores still holds. No hard feelings, we can put this whole mis-understanding behind us.

Best,

Chris

Proof of what? Your idiot accounting system?

AUTHOR: The Adwords Guy - ()

Chris - you know who I am. I am not the person on this report, nor have you issued a refund. Stop with the games and issue the refund. We can go on like this forever over $25 if you want.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Proof

AUTHOR: Tenscores - ()

Here is proof of refunds issued on July 26 to the customer that goes by the first name of Mike. Should the customer not recognize his first name, he is advised to contact us, otherwise we will not be able to assist him.

Don't believe a word from this scammer!

AUTHOR: The Adwords Guy - ()

Chris is great at documenting responses that sound professional - but if he was such a professional, he would have never let this situation get so out of hand in the first place.

To sum it up - HE HAS NOT ISSUED A REFUND AS HE CLAIMS. He knows it, and I know it. Despite all of his documented delay tactics below, he refuses to live up to the claims on his website. Worse, his software is buggy and does little to actually help adwords adertisers. If you know how to use a spreadsheet, you have no need for his monthly charges. Besides, spreadsheets don't crash every five minutes like his site does.

I will continue to respond with the truth to warn everybody about this scam until he refunds my money.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To the reader of this report interested in our company

Hello,

If you have any doubts or concerns as a result of reading this, please contact me, my email is chris at tenscores dot com. We're dedicated to our customers. Each and every one of them. Take a full read of the conversation below, I have done my best to remedy the problems our former customer experienced. However, he appears to have decided that the best course of action is to remain annonymous rather than work with me towards a resolution. It is very hard to help a person when you don't know who that person is. I trust your judgement and your ability to see the truth as you review this complaint.

Chris

-----

Mike, if you are the auhtor of this as I think you are, you still have not contacted me. You can still do so. It appears you are not interested in communication nor resolving the issue in resonable way. By now you must have received the refunds, I would appreciate that you hold your promise and updated this report. Thank you.

We're finished.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. As I stated before, I never received the response you claimed to have sent - I even checked my spam folder to be certain. Waiting this long for a refund is simply ridiculous, and its apparent, as you indicate, you have little experience with payment processing systems or current billing standards. If the refund eventually happens I will update this report. But as a former customer who knows all to well how badly you communicate and server your customers, I will never be back.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please, help me understand...

Hello again,

I still don't know exactly who you are.

If you did not get my emails and the free account offer, it is written in plain in my last reply to this post. I will re-itierate... My email is chris@tenscores.com, write me an email, we can set up a call, I'll give you a personal demonstration of Tenscores and how to use effectively, and you'll get a free account. I don't know what else to say.

As for our billing system, we use Stripe.com, a highly trusted billing system for internet startups. They process all billing for our customers. I'm not an expert on billing systems. Here's what we refer to when explaning to our customers when to expect their refunds to be received:

It does state that it takes 5-10 business days. Again, I'm not an expert in banking & billing.

Furthermore, because you have not contacted me directly, I'm not 100% sure who you are. I'm only guessing. Please get in touch with me as soon as you can so we can verify that everything went through as expected. As you know running a business, mishaps happen. I'm trying my best to correct any fault that has occurred. If you can help me in this process I would be very grateful. I'm sure if the table were turned, you would also be trying your best to fix the issue and would appreciate any cooperation from the unhappy customer you can get.

I'm looking forward to your email.

— Chris

Nice response, but clearly still a scam

AUTHOR: The Adwords Guy - ()

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my report. At this point though, the simple fact of the matter is that I don't believe you. I never received any offer of a free account or anything that could be construed as assistance. What I did receive was empty promises of a prompt refund and no further charges.

I run a business myself where we process credit cards and refunds. It does not take 5-8 days for a refund to appear within an account. While I know our system is quite advanced, offering same or next day refunds, older systems we have worked with still averaged 2-3 working days. If you are telling the truth, its further indication of the sad state of affairs in your billing system. If you are lying for time, it will be noted in this report on a future update.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A clear mis-understanding

AUTHOR: Tenscores - ()

I sincerely apologize for the horrible experience you had with our company. I have no words to express my profound disapointment that we failed to deliver on our service in such a miserable way that it had to come to this.

First things first, my personal email is chris@tenscores.com, please contact me immediately.

If you are the person I thing you are, I beleive we have missed our attempts at communication. We missed you phone calls, and you missed my emails. Here's what I beleive happened:

- I saw request to cancel and proceeded to issue the refunds, which I did.

- You send us two emails notifying us that another charge had gone through.

At that point, we knew that something was terribly wrong. I sent you an appology email, with the embarrassing reasons of the second charge (which I would prefer to discuss with you in private). To beg for your forgiveness, I offered to give a free Tenscores account and personally show you how to use it more efficiently. That would be the email that you missed. I replied to the second email by asking you to refer to my first email (the appology). What you called a "snotty" response, was the fact that I was asking you to refer to my apology email, which I can understand that you perceived so negatively if you did not get my first one.

To make thing clear: I personally issued the refunds, two of $25 for your monthly subscriptions and one of $10 for the credits purchased. It takes between 5 to 10 business days for them to appear on your credit card statement, so it's just a matter of a little patience.

To make another thing clear: Tenscores is not a scam, our platform tracks Google Adwords quality scores for advertisers and shows them what to do to improve them. Is it perfect? No. Does it work all the time? No. Do our customers get results? Most of them do, like the folks at Nokia who were so happy that they felt the need to have an article written about it, you can read it here: thedrum.com/news/2013/08/07/nokia-trials-quality-score-tracking-tool-following-search-strategy-overhaul

Some of our customers do struggle indeed to get results, and we're working hard to improve our platform so it can be beneficial to every one who uses it.

With that said, I hope you will get in touch with me soon so we can resolve this matter, again my personal email chris@tenscores.com