Complaint Review: Term Masters Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, January 23, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Auburn California
Term Masters Inc.
13620 Lincoln Way # 340 Auburn, California USA

Term Masters Inc. chargeback fraud, fraud, scam Auburn California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Misrepresentation

Bret Maddock, CEO of Term Masters Inc. in Auburn California hired me to do some contract work in 2013. I performed the work as requested. However, we never signed a contract because the job was very simple, straightforward, and we both agree on the terms via email.

However, a month after he had paid me for the job, I received an email from Paypal (the company I used to process his payments) saying there was a dispute with the money he had paid me, and there was a chargeback being put on my account.

I tried to fight the dispute in paypal, to no avail. I lost enough money in that one transaction so that I couldn't pay my mortgage payment that month.  I am now in personal banckruptcy because of Bret Maddock and his ridiculously greedy chargeback methods. Please, don't do work for him unless it's in a contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2014 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Term-Masters-Inc/Auburn-California-95603/Term-Masters-Inc-chargeback-fraud-fraud-scam-Auburn-California-1117821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Term Masters Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misrepresentation

AUTHOR: Bret - ()

Hello to anyone reading this!  I am Bret Maddock and the person that filed this ripoff report can be seen at www.adamtorkildson.com.  I came across this person's ad on Forbes while searching for someone to perform SEO strategies for my company.  Adam seemed creditable and promised to perform quite a few things for us and demanded over $1400.00 up front before perfoming any work.  I agreed and paid the money to get started and additional funding only to find out that Adam was stealing pictures and content from other websites and posting it on our website.  This was completely unacceptable and when I confronted Adam he became irritated because he felt that I didn't appreciate his efforts and abandoned the project.  He quit on the spot and expected to keep my money.  I guess stealing other people's property is no big deal to him?  After paying Adam $2600.00 I was left with nothing but a bunch of stolen material that was useless and many lost hours of work on my part.

Fortunately, I paid for Adam's service with my credit card via paypal. When I brought the dispute forward my credit card company was amazed at the scam Adam pulled and suggested that I file a police report on the issue based on outright fraud.  They sided with me immediately and I was protected.

Even though Adam did rip me off he did provide me with a couple of tips about blogging that I felt was worth something.  I granted him $500.00 just to be fair.  I guess that wasn't good enough for Adam because now I am here trying to defend myself for a mess that I didn't create. Adam is very good at what he does and perhaps one day it will land him in jail. It's hard to prosecute this type of criminal but as technology advances I am hoping that one day he will be brought to justice.

Adam, if you are living paycheck to paycheck and in Bankruptcy you shouldn't be giving advice to people about online marketing.  You are obviously not successful at it.  You can't fool everyone and your unethical ways of making a living will catch up with you.  There was absolutely no way I was going to be vicimized by you and not do anything about it. Anyone in my shoes would have protected themselves like I did.