Complaint Review: Tex Cote CoolWall

• Reported By: Darlene — Thurmont Maryland
Tex Cote CoolWall
2422 E 15th St Panama City, Florida USA

Tex Cote CoolWall warranty and paint rip off Panama City Florida

In 2010 my house was painted with the TexCote paint and I was promised a guarantee of a lifetime. Suppose to last a lifetime with no problems of cracking, peelding fading and also it would help the resale value of my home and I could transfer this warranty to the new owners if I sold my home. It would also help the heating cost and the A/C as it totally used solar radiation. It cost me $20,000.00 to have this done and my home is not large, about 2,000 sq feet.  After the first year the paint was peeling, cracking, and lifting off the house in hunks.  I contacted Capital Remodeling in Glen Burnie, Md that applied the paint.  They came out and fixed the lower places and could not fix the higher places because they didn't have a ladder.  So this spring 2013 I contacted them again as paint was just popping off the house all over, It is now Nov and no one has come out to fix the problem. [continued below]....

.....  I have faxed them copies of my warranty and they will no longer fix any problems, they are offering me  a lowly $5,000.00 to take the money and run, to forget them in the future and handle this problem myself as they no longer use TexCote paint.

I just want to let everyone know that I wish I would have done more research on this product.  I am at a loss to know what to do about this situation now. It has not raised the value of my home as now I will have to disclose this problem to the next owner, anything it has devalued it.

My house is historical and I didn't want to put siding on it, but, now wished I had.  I will never fall for a lifetime warranty again-'Buyer Beware' is my motto.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tex-Cote-CoolWall/Panama-City-Florida-32405/Tex-Cote-CoolWall-warranty-and-paint-rip-off-Panama-City-Florida-1096102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tex Cote CoolWall