Complaint Review: Texas Auto Liquidators

• Updated: Wed, June 06, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Des Moines Iowa United States of America
Texas Auto Liquidators
Arlington, Texas United States of America

Texas Auto Liquidators, Arlington TX Didn't even get out of the city and there were problems. Arlington, Texas

Before purchasing a 2006 Dodge Dakota from Texas Auto Liquidators I did the proper research on the vehicle.  I did a Car Fax, looked at all of their photos, looked at the mechanic's report, spoke with Lynn who assured me that all of their vehicles go through a thorough inspection before they are sold.  I purchased the truck and picked it up directly from them in Arlington.  I was from out of state and was on a tight time schedule, but before I even got to the north end of Dallas the check engine light came on!  It was late on a Saturday, I was needing to get home and it was close to their closing time anyway so I continued.  Got it home and took it to my mechanic who looked it through.  I have since found out they deliberatly reset the check engine light so it would not come on because the catalytic converters were bad.  The windshield washer pump didn't work so how could they have done a thorough inspection and not discovered that?  Also, it needed about $900.00 worth of suspension repairs, new tie rod ends, ball joints, etc.  It also had an after market exhaust system which is extremely loud which they did not disclose in their ad.  These are an EBay seller and carry a 100% satisfaction rating.  From other complaints I have read I don't see how they can be so.  I have tried contacting Scott and ask them their stance and what they intended on doing about the truck but have had no response from them.  I understand not having a warranty on a vehicle and did expect a few things to possibly have to take care of, but deliberately resetting a check engine light and waiting for the customer to drive off with it is not one of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2012 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Auto-Liquidators/Arlington-Texas-/Texas-Auto-Liquidators-Arlington-TX-Didnt-even-get-out-of-the-city-and-there-were-probl-893969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Auto Liquidators