Complaint Review: texas de brazil

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: angry consumer — davie Florida United States of America
texas de brazil
silks run, hallandale,fl hallandale, Florida United States of America

texas de brazil bones in food, break your teeth hallandale, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Sounds unfortunate, but I don't agree...

*Consumer Comment: Diagree with Original Comments

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Implications

*Author of original report: Found both statements to be TRUE

*Consumer Comment: do not agree

They served meat with hidden bones , that broke my tooth, then they refuse to pay for it. this place is alsoa big rip off charging 50.00 a person, the meat isnt even prime, its of low grade, dont eat here you will get sick and possibly break a tooth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/texas-de-brazil/hallandale-Florida-33009/texas-de-brazil-bones-in-food-break-your-teeth-hallandale-Florida-954458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on texas de brazil

Sounds unfortunate, but I don't agree...

AUTHOR: Marie - (United States of America)

Even though I am not from the area, I have had the opportunity to dine at this particular restaurant location on at least a 1/2 dozen occasions while visiting from out of town.  The food is absolutely AMAZING; the meats have consistently been of the highest quality; and service is always beyond reproach!

I would like to add that if I knew that I was eating meat on a "chop" that I could only assume that it would likely contain bone(s) and that I should be mindful of that fact when consuming it...  While the situation seems unfortunate, it does not mean that the business should be held responsible for a damaged tooth/teeth when the guest is the one that consumed the food on the bone.

Diagree with Original Comments

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

I have visited numerous Texas de Brazil locations. We try to visit at least 2-3 times a year on special occasions. I find it shameful that you are trying to hurt their reputation because you chipped a tooth on a bone. At what point do we, the consumer, take responsibility for our actions?? Furthermore, how does chipping a tooth have anything to do with their quality of meat? It doesn't even appear you got ill. You were just upset that you chipped a tooth. As a loyal patron I truly disagree with your statements.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Implications

AUTHOR: CustomerRelations - (United States of America)

Dear Consumer,

We regret to hear of this unfortunate accident and hope that you have since made a full recovery.

Please know that we do not claim to serve meat without any bones and regret that you were unaware of bones being served in the lamb chops. Within the restaurant industry it is standard practice to serve the lamb chops on the bone and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Once again, while we regret this incident occurred, please know that it in no way should reflect on our food quality or preparation procedures. To state that our meat is of "low grade" and that "you will get sick" is a statement made up of false implications.

Found both statements to be TRUE

AUTHOR: angry consumer - (United States of America)

The meats are not of the PRIME quality , and should be for those prices, and the food is way over salted, but hidden pieces of bone from poor butchering is unacceptable and not taking responsibility and paying to fix the tooth is just bad will and poor customer service!  we were extremly dissapointed with everything there, the salad bar for 27.00 also sucked! stay away at all costs ,your health will be negatively  affected if you eat here!!!!

do not agree

AUTHOR: Claudia - (United States of America)

I just saw this report and I just want to say that I love Texas de Brazil. It is my family favorite restaurant. Their food is great and the meat is outstanding!!! I always go to Hallandale location, since it is near my house and the staff is always welcoming and great with us. I am not sure what happen to the report above but I felt that I needed to say something....
If you love meats like me and my family does you must try them!!