Complaint Review: Texas Direct Auto

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: Tyson — Hutchinson Kansas
Texas Direct Auto
12053 SW Freeway Stafford, Texas USA

Texas Direct Auto / Alex Rodas / Patrick Scott $40,000.00 Truck not drivable Stafford Texas

*Consumer Comment: Dodge warranty

I Found a 2011 Dodge 1 ton 30,000 miles Talked to alex Rodas on the phone several time he asured me there was nothing wrong with truck. I gave him a 500.00 deposit to hold truck. I told him I have a 9 hour drive will be there 10:00 am the next mourning. He said they would have it detailed and ready to go when I arrived. Around 10:30am they brought the truck out for me to look at and drive, thats when I should of walked away. They truck was filthy dirty the utlity bed had been on another truck prior to this one was rusty dented up, The 4 rear tires were completly bald so bad a police officer would gave a ticket. They agreed to put tires on the truck, said it would be done by 3:00pm.  That ended up being 6:00pm then the guy brought truck aroung could not find were to put fuel in truck he left and returned 30 min latter then messed around with tag did not have a screw driver to put tag on, I finally told the guy I would stop down the road and put it on. I left got 4 blocks away and service engine light came on , I turned around and went back. They took the truck to there shop came back with truck 45 min later. said it had 3 codes small warrenty thing any Dodge dealer will fix nothing big Alex asured me. well by now its 7:30pm I have tured in my rental car. so I take truck and head home on my 9 hour drive 45 miles down the road the service engine light comes back on and says truck wont start in 197 miles. WOW am I surprised. I end up getting home take to Dodge dealership, Truck has a damaged tank and pump Texas direct auto messes around for a week and a half finaly agrees to pay for this but the want to ship there parts to dealer. ends up i pick up truck drive it for about 40 miles and check engine light comes on again. take bake to dealer and still needs all hoses they did not send with parts 1,611.00 more work parts and labor. Alex Rodas and Patrick Scott wont answer or return phone calls  now I have a 2011 30,000 mile $40,000.00 truck just for looks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Direct-Auto/Stafford-Texas-77477/Texas-Direct-Auto-Alex-Rodas-Patrick-Scott-4000000-Truck-not-drivable-Stafford-Tex-1052812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Direct Auto

Dodge warranty

AUTHOR: Lincoln - ()

How come the truck is not being covered under warranty? Yeah, it sucks you left and had problems right away but dodge should honor their warranty.