Complaint Review: Texas Direct Auto

• Reported By: Clifford Meier — Tijeras New Mexico United States of America
Texas Direct Auto
12053 SW Freeway Stafford, Texas United States of America

Texas Direct Auto Where's My Title???? Stafford, Texas

*Author of original report: Title or Registeration?

*Consumer Comment: the title

I bought a 2004 Dodge 3500 truck on October 21, 2009.  It is now two months later and I do not have the title yet and no one at this dealer seems to care or know where it is.  The busines Manager, Calvin Wright mislead the loan officer from my credit union leading to beleive that he had the title.  I have teleponed many times, daily now and never get anyone only vocie mail boxes.  Only one call back, about a week and a half ago, who said the title was in the mail to them and they would overnight when they got it.  It hasn't shown up yet and no one in the Title Dept will return my phone calls.  I have been calling daily for the last 6 days.

This dealer has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.  At this point my credit union in about start legal action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2009 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Direct-Auto/Stafford-Texas-77477/Texas-Direct-Auto-Wheres-My-Title-Stafford-Texas-543994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Direct Auto

Title or Registeration?

AUTHOR: Clifford Meier - (USA)

I meant title.  The dealer can issue the title to either the lean holder (bank) or the buyer if the lean holder is not in Texas if it shows who the lean holder is.  There is a time limit in which this must be done by law.  In my case the credit union (CU) told Texas Direct to give me the title, with the CU as the lean holder, when I picked up the truck.  Texas Direct Auto never told the CU or myself they did not have the title.  In New Mexico the dealer has 30 days to issue the title.  I finally received the title 60 days after I picked up the truck.  I had to have the title to be able to register the truck in NM and then I gave the title to the CU.  Before the loan was approved by the CU I had to sign a document that said I would have the truck registered in NM within 30 Days or the CU could call the loan.

The only way I could get any response from Texas Direct Auto in the end was to threaten legal action.

the title

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

Do you mean title or registration? They are two different documents. You will not get a title until you pay the car in full which I am assuming you havent since there was a loan officer involved.