Complaint Review: textbooksrus

• Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: ramona — Tennessee United States of America
textbooksrus
802 Avondale Ave Grandview Heights, Ohio United States of America

textbooksrus 6 months after returning rental books my card is charged for $270 they're claiming they never received the books Grandview Heights, Ohio

I rented books from  Textbooksrus back in 08/2011 and paid $130 for 2 books. I returned my books in December of 2011 and they charged my card in June of 2012 claiming they never received the books.
They are such a corrupt company! bunch of thieves...I'm reporting them to FTC and if the same thing has happened to you, you too should report them .

These companies steal people's money and they get away with it because "you have agreed to their terms and conditions".Please note that in their "terms and conditions" it states that if they books are not returned 6 days from when they are due back, you'll be charged %125 of the "replacement cost" The books I had rented were not even current edition. They were the old edition when i rented them and they charged me 180 for a book that's not even worth 30 bucks and 90 for a book worth not even 10 on amazon.  I returned my books like i was suppose to but they're claiming they never got it....and i cant prove that i did because i didn't keep the stupid receipt and they have done something on their website where i cant see the label i printed to return the books.who keeps a shipment receipt after months? and the messed up thing is that since i don't have a way of proving that i sent the books my cc company wont give me my money back even though i never authorized textbooksrus to take money out of my account.

I called them again and asked how is  it that it took them over 6 months to figure out i never returned the books to charge me, and the response was that they charged my card in January and it didn't go through...my response was then instead of trying to resubmit it the next month it took 6 months? I don't know if there are any time limits on agreeing with terms and conditions but this is a terrible experience i have had with textbooksrus.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/textbooksrus/Grandview-Heights-Ohio-43212/textbooksrus-6-months-after-returning-rental-books-my-card-is-charged-for-270-theyre-cl-947133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on textbooksrus