Complaint Review: textbooksrus.com

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 03, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Bakersfield California United States of America
802 Avondale Ave Grandview Heights, Ohio United States of America

textbooksrus.com They will say they never received their textbooks back after rental, then charge you full price for used books. Grandview Heights, Ohio

I have rented from textbooksrus.com before with no problems but this time they are claiming they never received the books back. I rented from two different companies and returned the book to the other company the day after returning textbooksrus books and received an email on 1/1/2012 saying they had received them.

I contacted them through email because I wanted to know if they would refund my money since the postmark on the box would show it was returned in plenty of time. They responded back that they would not refund my money under any circumstances.

I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission as well as the Better Business Bureau and sent them the refernce numbers and they sent me another email saying they would refund my money under NO circumstances but they would send the books back to me so I could resell them, if I paid the return shipping. Unfortunately, they are charging me full price for books that are in a very used condition.

All I have asked for is a refund of my money since they were mailed back in a timely fashion. If they did not receive them in time like they claim, then it should be the fault of the shipping company that they use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/textbooksruscom/Grandview-Heights-Ohio-43212/textbooksruscom-They-will-say-they-never-received-their-textbooks-back-after-rental-the-817204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on textbooksrus.com