Complaint Review: textbooksrus.com

• Updated: Tue, September 18, 2012

• Reported By: intlfam — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
textbooksrus.com
802 Avondale Avenue Internet United States of America

textbooksrus.com Keep away from this on-line bookseller ! It's customer service is worse than no service at all! Internet

Keep away from this on-line bookseller !

I have rarely have such an unpleasant experience with a web-based company !

While trying to complete an on-line purchase (my first, and I am sure, my only, with the company), a pop-up from the company took me to a script wherein I would register to receive periodic emails from the company announcing their promos, etc., and in turn I would receive a $5.00 coupon to use on a future purchase.  In reality, I ended up in an endless loop for 15 minutes, and could not complete the registration; now one week later, I still have not received the $5.00 coupon nor any of the promised informational emails.  I called today to express my frustration with the company's website, and to inquire about having getting the informational emails, plus having the $5.00 coupon sent to me, and was initially told that nothing could be done for me; that customer service could not help, but that maybe "the marketing department' could help; and then a supervisor told me the same thing, and when I told him that I was not impressed with the level of customer service at his company, he told me that he would prefer that I would shop with other on-line booksellers, and then he hung up on me!

I just hope that when the book that I ordered last week does arrive, that I do not have to make any claim, taking into account what clueless, rude and mean-spirited people seem to work at textbooksrus, because I am convinced to the point of moral certainty that this company would not help with an adjustment that might have to be made with respect to any order not properly fulfilled.

I would not recommend this company to anyone, and my negative recommendation is based, to a large degree with the excellent customer service that I have received over the years from many of this company's on-line competitors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/textbooksruscom/internet/textbooksruscom-Keep-away-from-this-on-line-bookseller-Its-customer-service-is-worse-943084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on textbooksrus.com