Complaint Review: That Pet Place

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: WaltD10078 — East Petersburg Pennsylvania
That Pet Place
237 Centerville Road Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA

That Pet Place AKA That Fish Place BUYER BEWARE...PRODUCT WARRANTIES NOT HONORED Lancaster Pennsylvania

Buyer beware, "That Pet place," does not honor it's return policies.  Normally, I shop exclusively at Amazon but I was in the market for a dog crate and decided to give the local guys a try.  I extensively researched dog crates and spoke to a few associates before making my purchase and thought all would be well.  That Pet Place matched their own line price and had a good reputation for standing behind their products and services, my experience couldn’t be further from the truth.

I unpacked the crate and set it up for thorough inspection.  The crate was manufactured by K9 (Four Paws) and seemed to be of study construction.  I had actually bought a crate with higher weight limit than what was suggested for my breed of dog.

Three days into using the cage, I was both appalled and terrified to discover that a few of the bottom bars were actually starting to bend.  Fearing for my dogs safety, I called the store to report the issue.  I explained what was occurring and expressed my concerns and that I that I fully expected to come home some day to find my dog dead at the bottom of the crate where she had gotten stuck.  I asked about the return process as I believed that this product was defective.

I spoke to a manager by the name of Randy, who did very little to help.  He denied it was faulty product and suggested that it was my pets behavior that caused the issue in the first place.   He explained that it was normal for a crate to become damaged after only 3 days of usage and further  recommend anti –anxiety drugs for my pet.  He went on and on how this is quality product and kept making accusations against my pet and myself, ultimately suggesting  has a behavior issue and that I should seek a dog behavioral class.  The last time I checked, neither Randy or That Pet Place is licensed to sell or prescribe medicine and otherwise have no right to suggest that I should undertake such measures.  Furthermore, Randy and the staff at That Pet Place are not psychologists or behavior therapists and should not be making clinical diagnoses about something they know nothing about.

I’m out the money that a paid for the crate and still fear for my pets safety, as That Pet Place continues to deny my request for a full and complete refund.  I guess the moral of the story is to shop Amazon instead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/That-Pet-Place/Lancaster-Pennsylvania-17603/That-Pet-Place-AKA-That-Fish-Place-BUYER-BEWAREPRODUCT-WARRANTIES-NOT-HONORED-Lancaste-1063920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on That Pet Place