Complaint Review: the 500 apartments

• Updated: Sat, January 25, 2014

• Reported By: Mr . anonymous — salt lake city Utah
the 500 apartments
3440 south 500 east salt lake city, Utah USA

the 500 apartments outrageous, expensive, unreliable, inconsistent, unsafe, unhealthy, and dangerous. salt lake city Utah

*General Comment: calm down...

Francisco G****

I need help my apartment has mold and I put in a work order 5 months ago and all my management has to say is open a window I have 7 month year old baby so im vary concerned. Also its winter time and leaving a window open is expensive not to mention my rent has gone up almost 20$ every month witch they say is because we are using more gas witch we have been actively trying not to use by buying electric heaters and the refuse to give me any information or documents to say that we're using that amount of gas

I've talked to some neighbors who said that they feel they are getting charged for heat for vacant units which I feel is what is happening to me since our neighbors underneath have moved my utilities have shot up. so I'm asking you please investigate these apartments I feel that something isn't right and that my 7 month year old baby shouldn't have to be exposed to mold especially for the last 5 months PLEASE HELP!

Email (((redacted))) or call me at (((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-500-apartments/salt-lake-city-Utah-84116/the-500-apartments-outrageous-expensive-unreliable-inconsistent-unsafe-unhealthy-an-1118306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the 500 apartments

#1 General Comment

calm down...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

First you need to understand that issues such mold are going to be around you at all times. You cant STOP these issues. You can only clean as best as you can. Youre baby should be fine if your keeping the place up. There is ALWAYS molds and pathagens and bacteria around you at all times. We live in a virtual soup of tiny little lifeforms we cannot see. Its WHY we have immune systems. So calm down a bit there. Now there are different types of mold. The MOST dangerous is BLACK mold, it can put you in the hospital with respritory distress. But there are ALSO other types of mold that you NEVER see. These molds grow right under your nose. In your bathroom, in your kitchen and in your laundry room. Basically ANY PLACE that has some form of water or moisture and is dark and warm will grow mold. Mold is a SPORE. Which means that it blows into your home and a colony is formed from that spore. YOU CANNOT STOP THIS!!!

Now heres how you can get some resolution. Go to a place like LOWES or HOME DEPOT and get an OFFICIAL MOLD TESTING KIT. Then follow the instructions. When you get your results, if they show a HEAVY mold presence you need to go to managment and inform them that they need to clean this up on their own or you will be going to a couple of government agencies. The local health dept would LOVE to shut down a place like that. And believe it or not OSHA. See you live in those apartments but they WORK THERE. And Black mold will definatly get their attention. You can give them an ultimatum. Tell them they either clean up the complex of the mold problem or you will go to these agencies and report them. I can guarentee you will see movement. This is why you get an official mold testing kit. Once a mold incident is reported to a group like OSHA, they will shut the place down and FORCE them to clean it up if they want to run their business. Mold is "creepy". it creeps in EVERYWHERE it can exist. So odds are the people in the office are being exposed to the same mold you are.

Then again they could just toss you out on the street, but you would have definative proof that there is a mold problem and the managment is ignoring it for the sake of money. ANY news group would love to post a story like yours so check your local consumer protection TV station. See if they will help.

And for gods sake RELAX A BIT!!! Your baby is going to be exposed to EVERY bug out there. You cannot stop it any more then you can stop the sun from rising. Its part of the whole process of growing up. Its why we have immune systems and why we try to keep our piece of home clean. But unless your child or you end up in the hospital from it, odds are you will be ok and so will the baby.