Complaint Review: the Event

• Updated: Sat, August 18, 2012

• Reported By: Louises8 — Canton Ohio United States of America
the Event

the Event Misleading, greedy, money making, dream takers Internet

Having moved to America from England for a period of time with our family we have been enjoying our time in your country very much until this weekend! My youngest daughter, being obsessed with Disney channel, heard an advert on our local radio station which was promising your child to get involved with Disney stars in commercials and or movies! So we text thinking nothing would happen but we got a call and an immediate date for interview! Excitement all round! When we arrived at the very posh hotel we were seated in a big room and had paperwork to fill in. We then sat through an hours presentation on THE EVENT! Which really should of set of big red warning signals! My child was then asked some feeble questions by so called casting directors and I was asked the same uncomfortable questions ie Why should I work with your child?, What sort of question is that? Then my child was stood in front of I reputable casting director with a small camcorder posited at her and a bright light and told to read a sentence from a piece of paper, whilst extremely loud pop music was playing so how this casting director actually heard anything she said would of been a miracle! I believe that my daughter was not given the INTERVIEW experience that she was promised at all, this is just a scam to get your details so that they can then call everyone back the next day and tell you that you have got through to the next stage knowing that the crazy people who have more money than sense will pay up to give their children what they believe is a great chance! IT IS NOT!! I am really disappointed in the casting director who took part in this I really hope he thinks carefully about this venture and his reptutation!

I do think that the radio stations should be held a little accountable too! I know that it is money for them as far as their advertising goes but they need to check out more carefully who is using their airtime to advertise on it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2012 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-Event/internet/the-Event-Misleading-greedy-money-making-dream-takers-Internet-929233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the Event