Complaint Review: the Source

• Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: ldp — Langley British Columbia United States of America
the Source

the Source Want to Skip the Christmas Rush? I didn't specify 2012, Internet

I was looking for a cellphone battery, and the source's website said they had it in stock in the Willoughbrook mall location. I get there, and it was (of course) out of stock. The clerk spent the next 10 minutes trying to sell me a new cell phone plan. I did not want a new plan, I wanted a battery for my old one. He even tried to convince me to buy a new plan for my husband, even though we had the same plan. It was all a sales pitch. I said no, just the battery is fine. He said that it was in the warehouse and it would be shipped in 3 to 5 business days. This was December 18th. He said if I wanted to avoid the Christmas mall rush then I should pay an extra 5 bucks for at home shipping, so I did so. He guaranteed me that I would get this 3 to 5 day delivery, so preChristmas.

It is now January 11th. I just received word that my battery had been received in the Ontario warehouse. The only way I could contact the company was through Facebook, because after a collective 2.5hrs on hold with them, they hung up on me every time, and no email was returned.

I was told through Facebook that I should have known that it took 14 days for the "special order" battery to reach the warehouse because it was in the fine print. Well, I went through the clerk, so there was no fine print. They insist that once it reaches the warehouse, that they stand by the 3 to 5 day delivery; well, it's been 5 days and Canada Post states that it will be at least another 4. So, the 3 to 5 day delivery guarantee will now take almost a whole month, and according to the Source, it's all my fault.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 12:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-Source/internet/the-Source-Want-to-Skip-the-Christmas-Rush-I-didnt-specify-2012-Internet-995528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the Source