Complaint Review: The Adson Group Marc Adler-Lori Johnson

• Updated: Thu, May 30, 2013

• Reported By: Denice — san jose California
The Adson Group Marc Adler-Lori Johnson
466 S Buena Vista Ave San Jose, CA 95126 (408) 29 San Jose, California USA

The Adson Group, Amicus House, Marc Adler, Lori Johnson Fraud, Scam, bilked, investment ,business opportunity, residential treatment, outpatient treatment, transitional living, family counseling, aftercare and intervention. San Jose California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The truth regarding Lori Johnson

Mr Adler is a professionl con artist at best, I invested sixty-five thousand dollars in his theory behind trama is the underlining, unrecondized, factor, therefore untreated in the treatment of recovering addicts today.

He was sincere, he produced documents, letters, letters of intent, it was very exciting, there were Doctors, reports, Names of local icons in the treatment of addicts today from the passing of prop36. very impressive, convincing, sincere forthright investment and I agreed.

Mr. Adler got me for $65,000.00. and he has vanished. I do believe there is a physical property purchased by the project in montery county that is to be the facility for the trama recovery treatment center project. I will just have to wait and see, but for now this is a great help.

MARC ADLER OVERDOSED DECEASED 8/2005, FROM AN APPARENT COCAINE OVERDOSE, IN SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA. [continued below]....

..... A SERVICE WAS HELD FOR HIM IN SAN JOSE, CA ON AUGUST 25, 2005, HOWEVER HE IS BURIED IN WISCONSIN.

I HAVE HEARD FROM OTHERS THAT HE HAD SEVERAL SCAMS GOING ON EVER SINCE THE ACCIDENT WHERE HE HAD LOST A LEG.

I ALSO HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE RECOVERY CENTER THAT I HAD INVESTED IN IS GOING TO BE CONTINUED IN HIS "HONOR", BY THOSE WHOM HE WAS AFFLIATED, IN THE REHABILIATION FIELD NAMELY HIS FIANCEE, LORI JOHNSON, WIDOW OF RICHARD JOHNSON WHO PIONERED REHABILITION OVER CRIMINALAZTION, HERE IN SILICON VALLEY.

IT SEEMS THAT A SELECT GROUP OF PEOPLE ( EX-DRUGGIES ) WHO HAVE INVESTED AND PUT PRESSURE FOR THEIR MONEY ENDS UP IN JAIL, DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE INVESTMENT AND THE CORRUPTION THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT.

I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY MONIES BACK AND FEEL IT WOULD BE BETTER TO JUST FORGET ABOUT IT. SO HERE IS ONE BAD DEAL I LOST $65,000.00, AS A RECOVERING ADDICT AND DID'NT HAVE TO SPEND 1 DOLLOR ON DOPE!, MARC ADLER IS DEAD AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE ARE STILL MAKING A LOT OF MONEY IN THE REHABILITATION OF DRUG ADDICTS.

Update had to sell my home, (of 50 years in family) in 2007, i am still homeless to date (may 29, 2013), never was paid back from marc adler (deceased - overdosed), or lori johnson (founder-owner of amicus house) to date...so much for the 4th step, just skip it...right...wrong... shaking the tree to see what may fall out...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Adson-Group-Marc-Adler-Lori-Johnson/San-Jose-California-95126/The-Adson-Group-Amicus-House-Marc-Adler-Lori-Johnson-Fraud-Scam-bilked-investment-1054619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Adson Group Marc Adler-Lori Johnson

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The truth regarding Lori Johnson

AUTHOR: Lori Johnson - ()

Denice, I am terribly sorry that you lost an extremely large amount of money! I would feel devastated if it happened to me and so wish it didn’t happen to you!  I am truly sorry this has happened and can only share what are the facts regardless of what Marc may have told you.

My name is Lori Johnson.  I am the owner and Executive Director of Amicus House Drug & Alcohol Treatment Program.  I have been in the treatment field since 1990 and owner of Amicus House since its inception in 1998 when my late husband and I founded and opened the program for operation. Marc Adler never had any participation in Amicus House.

I met Marc Adler in 2002.  We spoke of his idea of starting a residential treatment program for the victims of traumatic experiences.  This was something that did not exist at that time as far as I know.  My role would be to oversee that substance abuse issues were addressed in the most proven evidence-based methods.  On advice of my attorney, a corporation was formed in the case a program was started, so that it was started in the legal and correct way.  It’s best to start a corporation even if no business ever begins, but if a business does begin, this would be the legal and correct way to begin.  In a very short period of time, approximately 6 to 9 months it was evident to me that, although a definite need existed with 9-11, the Oklahoma bombing, many less-known personal traumatic experiences happening all around our nation, this was an endeavor that I was not interested in pursuing.  This was a full-time, large and enthusiastic project that I was not going to be able to pursue with Amicus House being my primary and full time responsibility already.   There was never anything done with the corporation.  No business operated, no monies received or spent, no property purchased, no transactions were performed by this corporation or myself in any way.

Within 6 to 9 months of our discussions, I was no longer involved in any way with any idea of or any pursuit of any treatment facility or any business whatsoever with Marc.  I was absolutely never his fiancée and neither Amicus House nor myself had anything to do with the writer of this report, Denice Barton.  After this time, I did have contact with him mostly by telephone being that he moved out of state, as I encouraged him to use the tools of recovery for his own healing as I do every day in my professional life and personal life with many people.

During the time we were discussing this project, I was not aware of or involved in  any business operated, property purchased, funding sought, loans or monies received whatsoever!  I do not know anything of a facility being started in his “honor.”  If there is, I am absolutely not involved.  I never received any financial gain from my exploration of the concept of this treatment center or my relationship with Marc.  I never borrowed or received any money from anyone as a result of my considering participating in this idea.  In fact, I have never borrowed money from anyone in my life.  I do not owe anyone any money whatsoever.  Denice, I do not understand why you state you have never been paid back by me when I don’t believe I have ever met you.  I certainly did not take any money from you.  I have not ever asked you for money, received any money from you, made any agreements or promises to you about any money.  We did not have any interaction or conversation that would have even made me aware of any money being exchanged between you and anyone else.  Again, I am so terribly sorry that you lost this money! I so wish it didn’t happen!  If he used my name and somehow that encouraged you to make that decision, I do not know how to make that right. If he lied to you about me being involved in any loan or investment pay back, I wish you would have contacted me to verify it.  I am truly sorry this has happened and wish you only the best today and always!

skywave