Complaint Review: The Agency Model And Talent

• Updated: Wed, August 21, 2013

• Reported By: Night — Texas
The Agency Model And Talent
4522 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX san antonio, Texas USA

The Agency Model And Talent / Lari Nelson Fashion Group Scam !!! I contacted this supposed "agency" because I was interested in modelling. san antonio Texas

Scam !!!

I contacted this supposed "agency" because I was interested in modelling. Lari nelson responded promptly and we set up a meeting at the bottom level of the wonderland (crossroads) mall. At that point I knew this was most likely going to be a scam because no legitimate modelling agency is located in a mall, especially a horrendous one like crossroads.
     Nevertheless, I went to the meeting and all she talked about were modelling CLASSES (50$ a month). She handed out some amateur printouts filled with useless info and in it was a page where u pledge to join & pay for these "classes". She gave no guarantee that you will be signed to the agency after undergoing training & apparently you have to pay for your own comp cards (200+ $ according to her). She mentioned that some of the students in her classes have been there for 6+ years ! God I feel sorry for these individuals. There were a couple of models from her Facebook page at the meeting and some tacky looking "scouts".

I just wanted to save everyone some time & share my experience with anyone thinking about contacting this agency. Their Facebook looks legitimate and their site seems like the real deal. Unfortunately though, this was not the case. A real modelling agency would never ask for upfront costs. A legitimate agency makes their money off commissions. No modelling school can teach you to be photogenic, beautiful or tall etc.. You either meet the requirements or you don't .

If you apply to a legitimate agency, the honest answer would be yes or no. With this one it's either yes or "How about our overpriced and useless school?" Translation: "No, we won't hire you, but we'd love to take your money!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 02:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Agency-Model-And-Talent/san-antonio-Texas-78249/The-Agency-Model-And-Talent-Lari-Nelson-Fashion-Group-Scam-I-contacted-this-suppose-1077648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Agency Model And Talent