Complaint Review: The American Home Property Management

• Reported By: Anonymous — Charlotte North Carolina
The American Home Property Management
50 Executive Park Drive Atlanta, Georgia USA

The American Home Property Management Rip offs Atlanta Georgia

The American Home Property Management is a total ripoff they sell you a dream then they become a nightmare. I have lived in my state for 25 years have never had a landlord to take me too court for anything, much less non payment of rent. My sister had just moved into one of their homes, and she was and still in love with the company (they gets no love from me) I came across their website and it read move into your new home and let our matinence department do the rest. Like being a home owner without all the hassle of homeownership, so I applied and was accepted to move into one of their new home I found the one that I was going to move in, I moved in in August 2013 September I went on a Cruise when I came back home  it was rent time so I had to pay my rent  by post office to overnite it so that it could get their on the 5th. I foregot to mention that I was told that if you pay by the 5th of the month you could take off $100.00. I was told that my rent would be $995.00 a month  so I was sending in my rent overniting it from the post office, well doing this for 3 months into us moving in they sent back my November rent and said I had an outstanding balance with them and that I had to satisfy  that before they would accept my rent. So that was $400.00 they said I owe them because my rent was $1095 . So I called them to see why I owe this much first the person that I talked too was very rude nasty talked down to me as if it was her salary I was messing with. When I met with the realitor we met in the Golden Carral parking lot to sign my lease then I gave her my first month rent and a month in a half security deposit. After that day the next day I called her to see where was the keys to the outside storage room that had a deadbolt lock on it she was acting like I was getting on her nerves so I said at that time that I was never going to call her again.  Long story short I stayed in that house for 6 months without a lease which every letter they sent me said to refer too every month that I was their my rent was never the same amount every month for six months, sent me a letter saying that they was going to file an ejectment letter with the courts so I went to court on the day specified when I walked into the courtroom the judge went on break and said talk to their Lawyer he told me to pay them or get out, so I got out. Never rent from these people they will rip you off they practice very bad business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-American-Home-Property-Management-/Atlanta-Georgia-30329/The-American-Home-Property-Management-Rip-offs-Atlanta-Georgia-1132357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The American Home Property Management