Complaint Review: The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh Online Division

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2008

• Reported By:Marion Ohio
The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh Online Division
420 Boulevard Of The Allies Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh Online Division DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!! HIGH PRESSURE SALES TACTICS!! TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PRACTICES. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

My 18 year old daughter was pressured into signing up for a class at this so-called college. Thank God we only signed up for one to see how things went. This ONE class cost $1421.00.

She was pressured into starting right away eventhough there was no way to get all the necessary registration work done by the start of classes. If I remember right the classes were only about 7 weeks long. About three weeks into the online course she is told to refer to her textbook. Uhhhhhh.......we were never told about a textbook and here we are well into this seven week course. It's too late to get a textbook and be able to get the assignments done on time.

I promptly called the wonderful gentleman who got my daughter signed up and he took full responsibility for the mistake. First he said, "oh you don't need a textbook for that class", then he said "well I was sure that I e-mailed you the readings", which he didn't, then he said "you right, I take full resonsibility. I'll get back with you." Guess what? I never head from him again, but a couple weeks later, I recieved a check for $330.25 with no explanation as to how they came up with that amount.

To date, I have made at least 12 phone calls to several different people. Each one tells me to call someone else or tells me of an additional form that I need to fill out bla bla bla. I have written five letters, two to the college, then a third to the college follwing their own complaint greivance procedure. They are to respond in 10 days, but I have heard nothing. I have also wrote a letter to the Department of Education and the Accrediting council for Independent Colleges.

The fact that they won't reply to any phone calls or e-mails or letters to me implies guilt. I want the balance of my money back!

Emily
Marion, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Art-Institute-Of-Pittsburgh-Online-Division/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15219-1328/The-Art-Institute-Of-Pittsburgh-Online-Division-DONT-GIVE-THEM-YOUR-MONEY-HIGH-PRESSUR-343692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh Online Division