Complaint Review: The Auto Store

• Updated: Sun, March 09, 2014

• Reported By: JoAnne — Buffalo New York
The Auto Store
6499 South Transit Road Lockport, New York USA

The Auto Store John Mancuso Lockport Auto Store Auto purchase and refused to fix auto within the lemon law or 30 days Lockport New York

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: keep your appointments

*Consumer Comment: Here's a link to the NY used car lemon law...

I purchased a Mercedes from The Auto Store.  I contacted John Mancuso with some of the problems I had with the vehicle.  One was a leak, an engine warning light was on, another was my heated seat started on fire, lighter not working, the fog light fell out of the front of the vehicle, and the car would not start.

When I called Mr. Mancuso regarding being stuck with the car not starting, he told me he was no longer responsible for the car, it was out of warranty. I called for days and weeks.  Always there was the answer, the mechanic was not there, the owner wasn't there, the weather was bad, and then no return phone calls.

Finally I showed up at the Auto Store and was told an appointment would was made on the 19th of February which then the 30 warranty I was told was no longer valid.  He did say he would have his mechanic look at the vehicle and to drop it off.  When I picked the car up, he told me he would talk to someone regarding a seat, and the mechanic took a quart of oil out of the car.  The check engine light was still on and there is still a leak under the car.

John Mancuso would not return calls.  He sold me an auto that was a hazard, unsafe and would not fix the problems with the car within the NYS Lemon Law.

I have contacted other owners of cars purchased from the Auto Store and John Mancuso with the same issues.  John Mancuso will string people along until the 30 days are expired and not repair the problems with the vehicles he sells.

John Mancuso should not be a licensed auto dealer.  He skirts the laws, sells unreliable vehicles and make sure he doesn't honor the lemon law by not answering calls until after 30 days.

People should know who they are dealing with when purchasing a vehicle.  I paid cash for my car and have never been ripped off by a charlatan.  John Mancuso cheats and swindles honest people looking for a reliable vehicle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2014 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Auto-Store/Lockport-New-York-14094/The-Auto-Store-John-Mancuso-Lockport-Auto-Store-Auto-purchase-and-refused-to-fix-auto-wit-1129402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Auto Store

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

keep your appointments

AUTHOR: John - ()

Hi, misunderstandings happen.  Please be advised your whole story is a fabrication of reality. your heated seat failed to work on a car that was sold to your mom.  You are not even my customer. your mom out of the goodness of her heart gave you her truck. The heated seat failed. I sent a certified letter to your mom telling her I was going to purchase a new seat for her truck that she gave you. I bought the seat. I called your mom notifying her the seat is here for you. I bought and paid for the seat. I still have the seat in my office. It was expensive too ! It is still here. My kids use it when they play in my office. You can come and I will install it anytime for you. You did not need to make up false claims and lies about our conduct or customer care . You Mis are a liar , and I feel sorry for you! Something is not rigth , and the truth is not at all in your story. We have been serving clients for 20 years and have a A+ BBB rating. To be fair, I know cars are made to break and I am sorry your 15 year old car for $10,000 was not new. A heated seat is here waiting for you to this day.... just like I said I would do.  Just because you come from a family of lawyers, does not mean everything has to be a fight. Treat others how you want to be treated... we do !!

Here's a link to the NY used car lemon law...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

If you haven't read the official verbiage, it would pay to look at it and see if it can help you.  Good luck.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/used-car-lemon-law-fact-sheet  Let us know how it works out for you.