Complaint Review: The Bancorp Bank

• Submitted: Mon, September 16, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Upsetcustomer-PaPalMastercardDebitcard-Bankcorp — Birmingham Alabama
The Bancorp Bank
PO Box 2136 Austin, Texas USA

The Bancorp Bank Paypal debit mastercard False advertisement on Paypal/prepaid.com and False advertise by CVS and The Bancorp Bank ripped me off on the Paypal Prepaid debit mastercard bought at CVS. Company located in Austin Texas Austin Texas

I linked my card finally yesterday ONLINE so that I can use the card at any store to find that I have been charged $4.95/monthly fee for 2 months for one card and another card for 3 months. Thus a loss of close to $25. There is a STICKER on BOTH cards that tells the customer to call the number to activate it on phone or online before using it.  yes I did peel off the label and  I tried calling once but that did not work with all the nubmers they make you punch in including your soc sec number so I sat down yesterday 9-15-13 and did it ONLINE -typed all my personal info to activate them to find the fees on the card since purchase of the card.

I called customer service twice and was place don hold for >25 minutes -I had to hand up and call again since the first person put me in limbo waiting to speak to a customer service rep. [continued below]....

.....

I talked to a second customer service rep and she could not do anything.  I talked to her supervisor who was only willing to give me back $4.95 instead of the $24+ fees that was deducted. This is an UNFAIR practice.  You can't use the card until you call in person or do it online since the sticker and packaging stated it cannot be used until then.

I want a full refund for both cards or at least all the fees removed on the card.  I paid a total of $109.90 (including fees to the card)

I am quite upset.  I talked to FOUR customer service personnel today and the first one placed me on hold for more than 25 minutes. I do not think they transferred me to the supervisor which was my request.

I decided to report this so OTHERS do not fall into the SCAM!!!!!

Also I want to complain about poor customer service and my upset about Paypal/prepaid via Bankcorp and their business practices.  The sticker and packaging on the card can confuse the customer and places a MAJOR STUMBLING BLOCK for the CONSUMER to USE the CARD.  I feel Paypal has robbed me and likely has robbed otehr customers also.

DO not BUY the PayPal debit MAstercard that isssued by THE Bancorp BANK!  You can find these cards at drug stores like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.  You will be scammed $4.95/monthly even if you did not get a chance to call them or do it online.  They do not tell you that on the packaging!!!  You cannot use it until you call them or register the card online.  Again stumbling block.  I hope a lawyer sees through this and sues Paypal/prepaid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Bancorp-Bank/Austin-Texas-78768-2136/The-Bancorp-Bank-Paypal-debit-mastercard-False-advertisement-on-Paypalprepaidcom-and-Fa-1084962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Bancorp Bank