• Report: #1119669

• Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

• Reported By: Annette — Austell Georgia
The Benefit Depot
9393 W. Sample Rd. Coral Springs, Florida USA

The Benefit Depot Hammerman and G Irving Texas Did not pay medical bill. Customer Service is never available. Worst experience ever. Coral Springs Florida

I purchased the plan and was told that I would be able to take my daugther and myself to receive basic services.  I found out that the dental insurance was actually a discount.  I also found out that my medical bill was never paid for by the Benefit Depot.  I tried to call customer service and could never get through.  Once I held the line for nearly two hours.  The other time I was lucky enough to get a voice mail.    Recently, I finally spoke to a live person, but they were only an operator who didn't know anything about policy, business, or anything.

I demanded that I be contacted and the reception said the most she could do is put in a request.  Someone called me back the next day and asked me to fill out a form to cancel the insurance and fax it back to him.  He could only take fax because he needed to have a physical signature. I went online and noticed that their BBB rating is F with numerous complaints in poor customer service.   So, I faxed the document back on 1/6 and emailed the representative letting him know that hte document was faxed.  He confirmed receipt and thanked me for allowing him company to service me.

On 1/30, I was in the grocery store with me and little one and while checking out the cashier tells me that my card declined.  I immediately looked at my account and noticed that the insurance company withdrew from it that same day.

I have been hung up on three times today while trying to reach someone on the phone.  I can never get anyone to help me and feel utterly scammed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Benefit-Depot/Coral-Springs-Florida-33065/The-Benefit-Depot-Hammerman-and-G-Irving-Texas-Did-not-pay-medical-bill-Customer-Service-1119669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Benefit Depot