Complaint Review: The Car Place

• Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: John — Vernon Connecticut
The Car Place
115 Main St Somers, Connecticut USA

The Car Place Dave Sarno Not even trusted by their own family. Somers Connecticut

If you feel uncertain about the vehicle you may be considering purchasing there...trust it, and walk away.  Believe me, these are not good people.  I value other people's safety, and I know how much every dollar counts in these tough times.  I have nothing to gain---THEY DO---your hard earned money.  It's not worth it.  Please believe me.

I was sold a car that was gunked up with stop leak to mask a major coolant system failure.  My wife went into labor the week I was purchasing the car, and after my child was delivered, the following day, I completed this transaction.  The salesman/owner acted like my best friend--congratulated me (as he knew about our baby) and sent me on my way.

I am now $1500 in on repairs.  I tried to contact him to make it right, and I have yet to hear back. Funny thing is, after all of this, I ran into a member of his family (the salesman/owner) and they even said that they would never buy a car from him, and never have.

Consider all these FACTS before a purchase. There was even a scandal reported in The Courant recently which I saw after the fact involving this dealership, and take a look at their record with The Better Business Bureau  Don't get burned, too!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Car-Place/Somers-Connecticut-06071/The-Car-Place-Dave-Sarno-Not-even-trusted-by-their-own-family-Somers-Connecticut-1069859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Car Place