Complaint Review: The College Network

• Updated: Mon, November 04, 2013

• Reported By: James — North Bergen New Jersey
The College Network
3815 River Crossing Pkwy., Ste. 260 Indianapolis, Indiana USA

The College Network Don't waste your money if you're seeking an RN degree, they are not a school, just a scam! Indianapolis Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: Here to help!

*Author of original report: Yes, you did contact me only when.....

*UPDATE Employee: Your concerns

Ater completing my LPN degree, I was anxious to go right for my RN degree and made the huge mistake of reaching out to The College Network. They are not a college, but come off as one in their sales pitch. What they are is professional scam artists. They are really good at one thing, taking advantage of people wanting to better themselves by offering what appears to be a quick and seamless way to further your education. I was hesitant about doing anything online, but the sales pitch I got made me feel confident in signing the contract. I was promised a personal academic advisor who would monitor my progress and help motivate me since again, I was extremely uneasy about getting an education online. I was told my materials would be shipped out promptly, but they never were. I was told I wont fall off their radar, but the only time I ever heard from them was when I stopped payment on them. Sadly, I was already thousands of dollars in the hole with, and they literally did nothing but get me to sign a contract with a 3 day cancellation period and move on to the next victim. Please people, if you are even considering this route, run the other way as fast as you can. They are not a school, they are not ethical, moral, and do not care about anything but debiting your bank account every month, and believe me, they will come after you like gangbusters if you miss a payment or stop payment. I'm just waiting for a class action lawsuit to start so I can gladly join the many of people who have reviewed The College Network as I have. If I can save one person from making the mistake I did, I'm good with that, but hopefully I'll save many. Do your research, my story is not unique in this matter! If you want to educate yourself online, go directl to a university with a good reputation, a good support staff, and a good track record of running online educational programs. If there are any lawyers out there ready to start a class action suit, I'm in, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to join me!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-College-Network/Indianapolis-Indiana-46240/The-College-Network-Dont-waste-your-money-if-youre-seeking-an-RN-degree-they-are-not-a-1096974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The College Network

Here to help!

AUTHOR: Customer Support - ()

Mr. McLarnon,

We have offered to assist you with making use of your purchase, and you have declined.  Should you wish to reconsider, Customer Support is available Monday–Friday from 8 am until 9 pm, Saturday from 10 am until 2 pm, and on Sunday from 4 pm-8pm.

There is no expiration on your purchase, and we sincerely hope to be able to assist you in the future. We would appreciate the opportunity to have you as a satisfied customer. Please contact Customer Support at 1-800-634-1443.

Yes, you did contact me only when.....

AUTHOR: wirehead814 - ()

I stopped payment to you! I never heard a peep til then. Seems to me that you're only priority is getting paid, not providing a service, not providing the follow up and motivation that was expressed to me upon signing up. Since all the promises of your sales pitch were broken, how about a refund since I never used the program, or is it your company's position to take money, promise the world, not deliver, and leave the customer hanging? If I were the only complaint about your business practices then I could see a compromise somewhere, but there are multiple complaints on multiple sites with similar outcomes as mine. I hope there is a class action lawsuit in the works, rest assured I will be on board to join. It is truly unethical to prey upon people trying to better themselves, it's actually quite shameful.

Your concerns

AUTHOR: Customer Support - ()

Mr. McLarnon,

We will not go into great deal to address your concerns as we have already responded to you in another forum and we had a representative contact you personally to attempt to re-engage you in your program and discuss your dissatisfaction.

Although you have not taken an exam using our materials, and declined our offer to assist you in making use of your purchase, we would like to remind you that we partner with multiple colleges and universities with BS in Nursing degree programs should you wish to continue your education in the future. We would be more than happy to help you get started.

There is no expiration on your purchase and we sincerely hope to be able to assist you in the future. We would appreciate the opportunity to have you as a satisfied customer. Please contact Customer Support at 1-800-634-1443.