• Report: #1120611

• Updated: Mon, February 03, 2014

• Reported By: rudy — norwalk California
the cover factory
, Select State/Province USA

the cover factory The company offers to replace their defective product but charges a shipping fee almost equal to the price of the product

I notified them about a defect in the car cover that I purchased in May, 2013 citing the lifetime warranty that they offer. The price that I paid was $45.89 with free shipping. Here's their reply:

Thanks for sending those pics for our warranty department. We will replace your cover under the warranty. For warranty claims, we kindly ask that buyers cover the $31.45 shipping and handling cost for the new replacement cover. Please provide us with the paypal e-mail address that you would like the invoice sent to, so that we can send you a custom invoice for the replacement shipping cost. Please let us know if we can possibly help with anything else. Thanks so much for your business, we really do appreciate it, and we look forward to serving you again soon!!

Thank You!

- thecoverfactory

My preply?

Are you serious?? I bought this product for $45.89 with free shipping; you now say that you will replace it under warranty if I pay $31.45 for shipping? What you are trying to do is recoup the cost of replacement and shipping. At my expense!

Never mind. I'll just leave a feedback that spells exactly what you responded.

And now the car cover has developed some rips that are growing in size as time goes by.

It will be useless pretty soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-cover-factory/Select-StateProvince/the-cover-factory-The-company-offers-to-replace-their-defective-product-but-charges-a-ship-1120611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the cover factory