Complaint Review: The Dead Wood Society

• Updated: Mon, March 17, 2014

• Reported By: dj.asus — Laconia New Hampshire
The Dead Wood Society
Belmont, New Hampshire USA

The Dead Wood Society Rich at 603-630-6235 The entire load was under 12" in cut length. They also didn't deliver a full cord by far. Belmont New Hampshire

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is a Fake Report

Craigslist add:  $150 for dry pine.  Cord.  15-16".

They didn't deliver a full cord and the pieces were cut 12" or less.  It was a mess.

The Dead Wood Society is looking for standing dead trees in the Belmont and Laconia area. We have plenty of dead pine right now, so the main focus is finding hard wood. We will remove your standing dead trees free of charge if they are still in fairly good condition. Though it is hard to tell some dead trees from live ones in the winter, look for small mushrooms covering the trunk and/or ragged branches with no signs of recent budding. We prefer to harvest Oak, Maple, and Ash, but we will take Birch and other hard woods if you have them and they are not too rotten for suitable firewood.

Please call Rich at 603-630-6235 if you have something we could use. The current snowfall makes it very hard for us to collect any fallen dead trees, but if you have some that are far enough off the ground to be easily located, we can also remove those.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dead-Wood-Society/Belmont-New-Hampshire-03220/The-Dead-Wood-Society-Rich-at-603-630-6235-The-entire-load-was-under-12-in-cut-length-1131184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dead Wood Society

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is a Fake Report

AUTHOR: deadwoodsociety - (United States of America)

I am the owner of The Dead Wood Society, and this review is completely false. I would never deliver wood under 12 inches unless the customer specifically asked for it. We cut our wood to order, so if a customer wants 12" cuts, that's what we do. I also stack all orders in the truck, which is clearly marked off for a full cord. For me to cut an entire order under 12 inches is just never going to happen under any circumstance. 12" is the smallest we ever have to cut for a customer, and even at that length it takes much longer to cut, split and stack than 16 - 18 inch lengths of wood.

There is a Department of Weights and Measures in New Hampshire that regulates firewood deliveries and will investigate any claims of short cords. I have never had any interaction or contact with that department, and I have been in business for over 8 years now.

This ad is also pointing to a Craigslist address and advertisement for tree removal and pickup of unwanted wood. If this was a real complaint, it would point to an add where I am selling firewood for delivery. This "customer" is more likely a competitor trying to give me a bad reputation so they can sell more wood.

I run an honest business, and I graduated from Norwich University, which is a military school with an honor code. I believe and follow that code to this day. This report is obviously written by someone who is purposely trying to spread false information about my business. Anyone can come on this site and make anything up, but my record speaks for itself.