Complaint Review: The Dump

• Reported By: Lindsey — Kingwood Texas
The Dump
10251 north freeway Houston, Texas USA

The Dump Steal your money Houston Texas

Yesterday, September 21, 2013, I went to the dump to look at rugs for my new place. I found one and the original very nice and friendly sales guy, Will Smith, was busy with some customers who had come back to see him so I asked another sales guy, Roy, to ring me up. I asked him to give Will the credit since he had been working with me earlier. I had $80 cash on me so I wanted to put that down and then pay the rest on my credit card so Roy took my cash, and then proceeded tI do the transaction. He first charged my credit card the remaining balance minus the $80 and then said that the computer was acting weird and proceeded to do 2 $40 transactions using different numbers. I thought he knew what he was doing and I had never shopped at the dump before so I didn't think anything of it. When I got home and put the rug with my couch, I decided I did not like it and the return policy is very strict so I had to bring it back the next day after my purchase. When I got to the register to make the return, the girl told me that the $80 would be returned to the gift cards I used. I did not use gift cards. I have him 4 $20 bills. Cash. They had Roy come up and he swore that I used gift cards. The manager came out and showed me 2 receipts from gift cards that had a signature on it that did not match mine. I then asked to bring security into the picture so that they can review the tapes to prove that I used cash and Roy just pocketed the money. No telling how many people he has done this to but I am not leaving until I get my money back and I am not going to pay the restocking fee because of this horrible experience.  Do not shop at the dump. Their prices suck anyway and they rip people off. The are stealing from those who use cash.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dump/Houston-Texas-77037/The-Dump-Steal-your-money-Houston-Texas-1086493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dump