Complaint Review: The Dump

• Reported By: Rena — Trenton New Jersey
The Dump
1501 East Lincoln Highway Levittown, Pennsylvania USA

The Dump Ripoff Scam Contract Levittown Pennsylvania

Furniture shoppers BEWARE! Do not buy anything from the Dump. They do not stand behind their products and you have only one day to report a problem. There is a $100.00 restocking fee for anything you buy from them. I bought a box spring I really didn't need. I tried to return it to get a refund. I was told there was a restock fee of $100.00. I only paid $95.00 for the box spring.

I purchased a futon on Sunday Nov. 3, 2013 from the Dump.I paid $349.00 plus tax for the futon. I did not open the box because I could not put it together. When we opened the box on Friday Nov. 8, 2013, the side arm piece was missing. I called customer to request a new box. I was told that I was supposed to check the box within one day of purchase or there was nothing that could be done. I called customer service several times, but each time I was told to hold on and I listened to music for 20 minutes or more each time.

Someone named Derius claimed to be looking into the matter to "find" me a piece for the futon. I have yet to have any resolution to this matter. The futon cannot be put together unless I have the arm piece to connect the base to keep it together. I contacted Better Business Bureau. However as of now, there is no resolution for this problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dump/Levittown-Pennsylvania-19056/The-Dump-Ripoff-Scam-Contract-Levittown-Pennsylvania-1097940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dump