Complaint Review: The Experience LLC

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: Catherine — Columbia Maryland
The Experience LLC
PO Box 82386, Phoenix, AZ 85071 Columbia, Maryland USA

The Experience LLC Zachary Hill Collect funds for college experience trip Columbia Maryland

"Zachary Hill" knocked on my door late afternoon on a weekday and said that he was raising money for a college trip.  He attempted to establish familiarity by saying that he was the son of a Marine Colonel who lived on the same street as us.  He was overly charming and agreable.  He claimed to be one of 7 children, and that he was in his last year of aeronotical engineering school at Univ of Maryland.

Zachary explained that he needed money to attend a 6-week program at Boeing in Washington State to repuild a P-51 [aircraft].  He claimed that he needed only 4 more donations, and had some large bills in his hand to give the impression that other neighbors have already given.  He presented two options: donate either $122 or $244.  He said that even if I cancelled my check, that he would get "points" toward the trip, so I could cancel later that evening after talking about it to my husband.

Upon writing the check, he asked to use our landline, "I'm out of cell phone minutes; Dad's going to pick me up at the end of the street." After he left, I had a feeling that a con-artist just walked out my door.  I tried to access the website on the "receipt", and that website does not exist. I will call my bank to cancel the check. I wish I checked this website and asked for ID before being taken by a charming young "student".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2013 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Experience-LLC/Columbia-Maryland-21044/The-Experience-LLC-Zachary-Hill-Collect-funds-for-college-experience-trip-Columbia-Maryla-1094502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Experience LLC