Complaint Review: the florida organic mattress store

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: organic guy — springhill Florida United States of America
the florida organic mattress store

the florida organic mattress store green dwellers of Tampa and Plantation Fl. No trial period or refunds on mattresses Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To JACEKAREN

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Re Fla Organic owner rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: This web site is a scam!

*Consumer Comment: Agree with Owner

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No purchase made, where is the ripoff?

I went to their Tampa location and a lady waited on me. I said I have allergies and need a Talalay Latex matress. She showed me a couple starting at $5000.00. I asked her if there was a trial period she said there was none and no refunds. I thought that was very odd and went home and looked at Talalay Latex mattresses on numerous websites such as Dormia, Savyrest,Naturepedic and numerous others all have trial periods and you can get a refund. the Organic Matress Store Of Florida is way over priced the others have Talalay  organic matresses starting at $1000.00 on up and I can try it out and get a refund. You can not get an acurate feel of a matress just in a store you have to try it out for a while and not being able to try it or get a refund if the matress is wrong for you you are out $5000.00 or more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-florida-organic-mattress-store/internet/the-florida-organic-mattress-store-green-dwellers-of-Tampa-and-Plantation-Fl-No-trial-per-949774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the florida organic mattress store

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To JACEKAREN

AUTHOR: - ()

Yes, our company and products are "wonderful" but please, by all means, don't take my word for it...see for yourself what our customers are saying for an unbiased opinion floridaorganicmattress.com/.  We proudly display the countless emails and video testimonials we receive from real consumers that come to us from all walks of life.

But, we are not for everyone. We cater to an informed customer looking for top notch quality natural and organic products who prefer to purchase from a store where they can actually come in and test and feel organic mattresses with one-on-one personalized and private customer service.  If your goal is to buy a cheap mattress, you are not our clientele and you know what, that's OK!  You are free to shop wherever you want.

To make sure all our customers are treated fairly, we set our prices at the manufacturers MSRP- we don't make them up and they are the same across the country.  We have chosen to sell the quality brands we carry after our truly careful and thorough 6 year research of the products and the manufacturers.  If the product does not carry the credentials and certifications we require, we don't sell it.

As for our and our manufacturers’ no-return policy, it ensures that everyone who buys from us is getting a new made-to-order mattress and not someone else’s used merchandise.    If you purchased from a retailer that accepts returns, then I hope you checked your mattress for hair, stains and whatever else may be lingering from the person who may have returned it after using it for up to 90 days. Our customers expect more, and they get it.

Kind Regards

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Re Fla Organic owner rebuttal

AUTHOR: jacekaren@msn.com - ()

Since you are the owner we don't expect a fair and unbiased comment, of course you will try to make your company sound wonderful. I have researched latex beds for a year and finally bought one. I know Fla organic is very expensive compared to other companies. there are many companies that do allow a ninety day full refund trial period and a year layer exchange, and yes I'm talking about 100 percent organic latex beds, not synthetic.

in case anyone is interested some of the best companies to try instead of Florida Organic are, Flobeds, Plushbeds, Habitat furnishings, SleepEz. Try the website Mattress Underground for great info, answers to any questions and great resources.

This web site is a scam!

AUTHOR: Green Dwellers - (United States of America)

This web site itself is a scam and extorts businesses

Agree with Owner

AUTHOR: The Organic Bedroom - (United States of America)

I agree 100% with the owner of this company and I think her response is on target.  She is selling high end products using the highest quality materials.  All of the mattresses that she sells are custom made for the customer and due to various laws can never be re-sold once they have been in a person's residence.  By having a brick and mortar retail store, customers have the opportunity to spend as much time as needed to try various mattresses and choose exactly what they want.  I believe that rather than posting an ignorant report on a website, the upset person could have contacted the owner who sounds very reasonable and would have handled this situation in a more friendly manner.  I hope the person who complained sleeps well on their "new" mattress.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

No purchase made, where is the ripoff?

AUTHOR: Green Dwellers - (United States of America)

I am the owner of this business and very perplexed at where the "ripoff" was when you didn't actually buy anything. While you are free to pick and choose where you shop, our customers chose to shop with us because of the quality of our products, which it appears you do not understand.  Our mattresses are all natural latex (rubber from the milk of the rubber tree), wool-wrapped, fire-retardant-free, 100% certified organic cotton mattresses.

For your information, we are also a Naturepedic and SavvyRest dealer and follow SavvyRest's and our other manufacturers' recommended pricing (MSRP). We quote no more as it is manufacturer policy to abide by these rules. Our queen size, a SavvyRest by the way, starts at $1499 so your statements about pricing are very misleading.  So we are in fact NOT double the price but if you want a top of the line OMI mattress for $5000 I can certainly get you one. Furthermore, Savvy Rest, as well as the other lines we represent all have a no return policy, withstanding their 90 day latex layer comfort exchange which we also offer. Unfortunately, it sounds like you were not informed very well by my sales associate (which is no longer working for us).

While you might not find the "no return" policy of our manufacturers, which we follow, to be convenient, it obviously has not been a problem for any of my very satisfied customers over the last four years of business who have actually taken the time to come in and see what we have to offer and purchased a mattress from me after getting exceptional "personalized" service picking out the right sleep system. My many customers were also very well aware of the no return policy yet they thanked us for providing them with a physical location and a service where they can come and actually touch and feel the products and even take short naps before making their decision and investment. And, smart customers like mine appreciate our no return policy because they can be extremely confident in knowing they are getting a "fresh, made to order" mattress - not possibly someone else's return that might have been slept on for weeks or months by other people, pets, and the like - yuck.

Are there less expensive mattresses on the market than the quality brands that we carry? Sure, but we refuse to sell cheap latex, hybrid, or non-organic mattresses full of flame retardant chemicals like many of those that are being sold online. So "organic guy"..had you taken the time to get more informed on the products we provide rather than spend your time making false and unjustified slander on my business, I am confident that you would have left as an educated consumer rather than one inclined to post inaccurate comments such as yours.  I am also confident that my business will continue to thrive as informed customers know and appreciate the difference - as my customer testimonials speak for themselves:  http://www.floridaorganicmattress.com/category/testimonials

If you buy online or from anywhere that allows returns, all my best for many good nights' sleep in what might be a used bed.

Sweet dreams!