Complaint Review: The Fortune 500 Group

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2008

• Reported By:Frisco Texas
The Fortune 500 Group
5555 N. 7th St., Suite 134-329 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

The Fortune 500 Group - Scotty Rogers - Major predators that fly by night Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Response to complaint

Momman always said that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is! For years I have been looking for an affordable way to get into realestate investing so, when Scotty Rogers called me with a proposal that would make me able to "help" people whos' homes are in or about to be in forecloser or experiencing other finacial woes I thought this was the next best thing to my ideal goal and dropped my guard like a hot rock. I listened to tape he played for me over the phone that described 5 exciting streams of income.

When the tape finished and Rogers came back to the phone I asked him to "bottom line it for me" knowing that such an opportunity has to come with a price tag. He started by explaining The platinum, gold and silver packages. The Platinum had a cost of $1,295 which he was willing to "give" me for $795. I then asked is that the best you can do? He hemmed and hawed a bit then presented the gold package $595 but was willing to provide that for $249. Thinking myself to be one heck of a negotiator I asked is that the best you can do? explaining that I too am in a financial crunch right now and as badly as I need to suppliment my income I'm in no position to take away from it with hope/possibility of gaining down the road and putting myself in financial jeopardy now.

So that money would not be a reason for me NOT to sign with them today, He could now offer me the Platinum for $169 and $19.95 monthly to cover the cost of web hosting but, I had to accept the offer then and there. The pressure was on! I had negotiated a deal that was too good to be true and won! so, I accepted.

We went through the process of him getting all my information, verification of address, the domain I'd be using and getting my credit card number and receiving a Customer service phone number for when I had questions or needed assistance my "deals" and we were off the phone "QUICKLY". Then I realized that all I had was phone number so, I called that number and got an answering at what was supposed to be this huge call center with plenty of assistance.

After several fruitless attempts, later that night I called the number caller ID stored in my phone when Rogers contacted me. That line was already disconnected! That's when feeling of appearing as the posterior of an ecuus came over me. I had been stalked, preyed upon and devoured! my money is gone and I can't persuade my bank to NOT pay that $19.95 per month. the phone number they have doesn't work either!

Entrepenuers, Be Ware! the sharks are out there! I am determined to go after this big fish with everything I can muster!

C.brown
Frisco, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Fortune-500-Group/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/The-Fortune-500-Group-Scotty-Rogers-Major-predators-that-fly-by-night-Phoenix-Arizona-306339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Fortune 500 Group

Response to complaint

AUTHOR: Management - (U.S.A.)

The customer has been refunded and the recurring billing has been stopped. A follow up call has been placed to the customer on 02/08/08 advising him that he should expect his refund to show on his next billing cycle. The customer agreed that the problem had been resolved to his satisfaction and advised us he would update the complaint to reflect that.