• Report: #619860

The Green Millionaire
East Berlin, Pennsylvania United States of America

The Green Millionaire Total Rip-Off East Berlin, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: I had the same problem

In heard a commercial on tv about the Green Millionaire Book, that was suppose to tell you many ways to save on basic things we use in every day like, gas, electricity and so on.The book was Free. just pay $1.00 shipping, when the book came in 10 minutes  it was clear that the book was a complete SHAM..it told things that are common knowledge. like never buy gas again, convert your car into a grease burning   vehicle,and get grease from restaurants, From cover to cover the book is a total waste of time. So I disguarded it. 9 days later my credit card was billed $89.95 compliments of the Green Millionaire, I immediately called them, they told me I checked a box on their web site to get their magazine. I told them I did'nt even want that foolish book much less a magazine, They offered to refund 1/2 of the $89.95 , I told them I was going to have my bank contest the charge they said"We'll wait on their call" If these people get your credit card number you are at their mercy.They are crooks with a scheme.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2010 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Green-Millionaire/East-Berlin-Pennsylvania-/The-Green-Millionaire-Total-Rip-Off-East-Berlin-Pennsylvania-619860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Green Millionaire

I had the same problem

AUTHOR: Reyna - (U.S.A.)

Except mine was just 29.95.  I ordered the free book, which I agree was a waste of the paper it took to print it, I called to cancel within the 14 day free trial period the customer service person said they would give me 30 day free trial period and would not be charged anything if I canceled before 8/2/10.  Today I checked my bank account online and found they took 29.95 out of my account, I called and told them they needed to refund my money and cancel everything.  They tried to tell me that I had not checked a box on the website when I placed my order, I said I have not received anything but the piece of trash book and if they did not refund my money I would report the transaction as a fraudlulant charge to my bank and place a report on ripoffreport.com website, she placed me on hold and came back and said that the previous CSR had not notified my of the other charge so they would refund my money and cancel all memberships.

I hope you reported it to your bank, don't let them walk over you.  I think mentioning ripoffreport helped.