Complaint Review: The Green Millionaire

• Reported By: Jenny — Potomac Maryland USA
The Green Millionaire
5300 Ontario Parkway Ontario, California United States of America

The Green Millionaire TOTAL SCAM AND WASTE OF MONEY Ontario, California

I signed up to receive their free book on 12/05/2009, knowingly paying the $1 shipping cost. I didn't read the fine print saying that I would receive a 14-day trial of their e-magazine, nor did I get any confirmation of my subscription to it after I paid for the book.

I got the book, and it turned out to be just a bunch of useless information, so I just skimmed it and threw it in the recycling bin, apparently missing the page about my trial subscription again.

But since the 5th, I have not received a SINGLE issue of their magazine. It was not in my spam folder (which I check regularly), certainly not in my inbox, nothing. As a result, I didn't even know I had subscribed, much less know that I had to cancel my trial. It wasn't until I saw my credit card statement did I see a charge for a subscription I didn't know about, didn't ever receive, and didn't want.

I called in on 01/14/2010 to complain, and they just kept saying it was my fault for not canceling and that they could give me an extra month free. I kept telling them I'm not interested in their emagazine and that I didn't even KNOW I was subscribed, so how could I cancel?

Perhaps if I had actually received ONE, just ONE of their emagazines, I wouldn't be as furious as I am now. But forget about the fact that I feel scammed for being signed up without my permission, I didn't receive a SINGLE issue of the magazine and still got charged. What sort of bullcrap is that?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2010 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Green-Millionaire/Ontario-California-/The-Green-Millionaire-TOTAL-SCAM-AND-WASTE-OF-MONEY-Ontario-California-563085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Green Millionaire