Complaint Review: The Heallth Guardian

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: The Health Guardian — Naperville Illinois
The Heallth Guardian
1804 Princeton Circle Naperville, Illinois USA

The Heallth Guardian EPS's cancelation policy is deceptive and malicious. Naperville Illinois

*Author of original report: Yes, I read the contract

*Consumer Comment: What does your contract say about this "deceptive, malicious cancellation policy?

Electronic Payment Systems (EPS) has a deceptive and malicious cancellation policy.  I called in June 2102 to tell them I wished to cancel, I was told I needed to call before my annual renew date which was September 1st or else pay a $400 cancelation fee.  I was shocked since most merchant service providers like PayPal do not charge a cancellation fee anymore and I had been a good customer for 8 years making them thousands each month in fees.

I chose to wait until a month before my annual renewal.  When I called back on August 1st to cancel they told me I was too late because I had to call 90 days before my cancellation date, so I must now pay $35 per month for another year, thus not aloowing me to cancel.  This 90 dyas before was never explained to me.  I bet if I called 90 days before they would just say it was 120 days before.

I wish to warn people not tu=o use their service because you can choose between multiple service providers like PayPal who do not rip you off.

Harry, Naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Heallth-Guardian/Naperville-Illinois-605656/The-Heallth-Guardian-EPSs-cancelation-policy-is-deceptive-and-malicious-Naperville-Illi-1081643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Heallth Guardian

Yes, I read the contract

AUTHOR: The Health Guardian - ()

Yes, I pulled out the old contract and it stated no long term contract and had no cancellation fees.  The contract was with a company called First Deposit USA, who set the merchant account up for me back in 2007 as a sub contractor for Electronic Payment Systems.  They are no longer in businees and I have never received an updated contract from Electronic Payment Systems.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You did read the contract before signing it didn't you? Have you even read it yet? I would bet it spells it out in plain English. Ripoff???   Questionable.