Complaint Review: The Hearst Corporation

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Cheryl — White River Junction Vermont
The Hearst Corporation
Harlan, Iowa USA

The Hearst Corporation Sent me an invoice for a magazine I didn't order Harlan Iowa

I received a letter from The Hearst Corporation stating:

"We extended you the priviledge of paying later for your subscription.  By entering into this agreement we anticipated that you would remit a payment when billed.  The balance outanding is now several months past due.  We have sent you numerous bills.  We must now insist that you send us your payment immediatley in the postage-paid envelope provided.  This is your final opportunity to resume serive on your subscription."

I have not ordered "The Good Housekeeping" magazine.  There is no phone number, web address, or email address for me to contact them.  I only have a PO Box 6093 Harlan, IA 51593-1593.

This is a major scam that needs to be reported.  When I went to the their website after doing a web search, their web page didn't have any "contact us" site.  I found the "Ripoff Report" site because there were other complaints on the web regarding the Hearst Corporation and these letters that other people have received.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Hearst-Corporation/Harlan-Iowa-51593-1593/The-Hearst-Corporation-Sent-me-an-invoice-for-a-magazine-I-didnt-order-Harlan-Iowa-1095040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Hearst Corporation