Complaint Review: The Hearst Corporatrion - Invoicing Bureau

• Submitted: Sat, August 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 16, 2008

• Reported By:Spring Branch Texas
The Hearst Corporatrion - Invoicing Bureau
New York, NY Red Oak, Iowa U.S.A.

The Hearst Corporatrion - Invoicing Bureau Magazine Illegal Renewal Red Oak Iowa

I have subscribed to Country Living Magazine for many years on and off. I last responded to a subscription offer on April 16, 2007 and sent along my check in the amount of $19.97 for a 1 year subscription.

I have a copy of my check for this subscription. Now out of the blue I am getting billings from The Hearst Corporation generated from a Red Oak, Ia. address stating that my account is Past Due. The first invoice stated that I requested a renewal and Bill Me Later option, which I did not. The next invoice, featuring red coloration on the Past Due invoice and indicates a G.L. Valk as the Notification Officer.

What a sting operation they have going! I did not, nor will I ever renew any subscription with The Hearst Corporation. I always enclose payment when I take out or renew a subscription. This is why I know I never checked a block or responded in any way to a "Bill Me Later" scenario.

There are suspiciously no phone numbers or other contact information listed on the invoices (2) I have recieved, only a www.pay.countryliving.com internet address which provides no other links to my issue.

Anyone else with a mystery renewal & "Bill Me Later" or in this case threaten me later scenario please respond to this Rip Off Report website. I am curious as to just how far this scam is reaching. I have never subscribed to "O" Magazine, same publisher, who someone has submitted a report to Ripoff Report describing a same scenerio. Thanks for reading my report.

Wanda k
Spring Branch, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Hearst-Corporatrion-Invoicing-Bureau/Red-Oak-Iowa-51591-0186/The-Hearst-Corporatrion-Invoicing-Bureau-Magazine-Illegal-Renewal-Red-Oak-Iowa-363672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Hearst Corporatrion - Invoicing Bureau