Complaint Review: The Internet Treasure Chest

• Updated: Mon, March 01, 2004

• Reported By:Lake Charles Louisiana
The Internet Treasure Chest
Chino, California U.S.A.

The Internet Treasure Chest ripoff it would take Sherlock Holmes to find my "business" account on the web. Chino California

I, too, was scammed by the Internet Treasure Chest. Where do I begin? First of all, it would take Sherlock Holmes to find my "business" account on the web. It was supposed to be listed with 15 major search engines. Forget that!

Next I was supposed to set up a credit card acceptance account. That was never mentioned in the TV ad or in any phone conversation with a representative. That's another 400 buck. Then if you call one number, you're directed to another number, and another, and another... til you just give up.

My checking account is being charged 9.95 a month for "hosting." Who knows what that is! The phone number listed on my bank statement next to the withdrawal is unavailable. The e-mail address that sends me my "thank you" for hosting no longer exists. I've had to cancel my debit card to stop the automatic withdrawals. I've seldom been taken in by anyone or anything. But they got me, hook , line and sinker and if I can prevent just one person from being ripped off, that would bring some satisfaction. Internet Treasure Check sucks!

Susan
Lake Charles, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2004 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Internet-Treasure-Chest/Chino-California-917101800/The-Internet-Treasure-Chest-ripoff-it-would-take-Sherlock-Holmes-to-find-my-business-ac-82438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Internet Treasure Chest