Complaint Review: The Law Firm of Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C

• Updated: Fri, September 27, 2013

• Reported By: Bob — Kailua Hawaii
The Law Firm of Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C
999 3rd Ave, Ste 2600, Seattle, WA Seattle, Washington USA

The Law Firm of Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C William Devoe Law Firm of Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C Cheated and screwed me out of my last dime Seattle Washington

*Author of original report: This is a good man

The Law Firm of Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C. , in particular William Devoe an attorney at the firm, are incompetent and deceitful.  They screwed me out of my last dime while they got fat and happy on legal fees.

I was recently involved in a case where one of their clients were trying to recover funds that he loaned to me and which were lost as a result of fraud by a Fish Plant in Alaska with a long history of failures and lawsuits.  The Court ruled in our favor and agreed the tribe was at fault.

Devoe, conned me into assigning MY RIGHTS in the case which amounted to over $900,000 to his client.  Not only that, he had me do hundreds of hours of work in finding information, witnesses, giving depositions, locating documents, etc. for him in the belief that he was representing my rights.  I just learned that he settled the case without even consulting me, because I signed my rights away and now I’m not only out the $900,000 in losses, but also the hundreds of hours of time and money he had me do for him.

If you think this firm is trustworthy, don’t.  If you believe they will represent you, don’t.  I’m just a fisherman that got screwed by a corrupt tribe in Alaska.  But what makes it worse is that the law firm of Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C, screwed me more and disrespected me more than anything the tribe could have done.

Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C talks a good story as long as you can afford them, but to think they would screw someone who was depending on their fair representation to get my life back together was a huge mistake. They’re no better than the snake oil salesman that will screw you out of your last dime and they’ll laugh their way all the way to the bank at your expense.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2013 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Law-Firm-of-Holmes-Weddle-Barcott-PC/Seattle-Washington-99501/The-Law-Firm-of-Holmes-Weddle-Barcott-PC-William-Devoe-Law-Firm-of-Holmes-Weddle-B-1087826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Law Firm of Holmes Weddle & Barcott, P.C

This is a good man

AUTHOR: Tony - ()

I got a copy of this report and wanted to chime in.  I’ve known the guy who filed this report for 20 years.  He is a hard working fisherman who has gone out of his way more than I can count for others.  He even traveled 500 miles out of his way to help a fisherman who was broken down at his own expense because the fisherman didn’t have the money and was about to lose his boat.  That is the type of man he is.  He must have got screwed by this law firm because he is a stand up guy I would trust with my life.

Tony