Complaint Review: the mortgage law group

• Submitted: Mon, August 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: neil — galion Ohio United States of America
the mortgage law group
233 Wacker Dr. Suite5150 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

the mortgage law group will not back what they say they will do! out money and propery!! Chicago, Illinois

Called and hired the Mortgage Law Group to help with the modification and negotiation of my mortgage. We were refered from family who recently seen the ad off of the Glenn Beck Show. My initial interview with the company, I was persistent on keeping my home, and needed help with negotiating with my mortgage company. The representitive from  TMLG stated we were not alone and that they were confident that we could keep our home! He stated that they would be with us till we settled on a comfortable payment. leading us to believe the whole time they were negotiating for us.

TMLG set up a 2 payment withdraw out of our account. Initially I told the rep. from TMLG that I couldn't afford thier fees, they advised me to be apart of the solution and not part of the problem. I asked what he meant, he stated don't pay any more to the mortgage company, pay TMLG instead so they can intervene and settle with our MTG. company.

After recieving my foreclosure notice I contacted TMLG and spoke to Luan who advised me that my case was closed. I told him they weren't finished with the process. They stated they only did loan modification and would not negotiate on our behalf. I advised him of my conversation when I first hired TMLG, he pointed out that I was misled and I didn't pay for that service. He then noted for his supervisor to call. When I spoke to her( Barbara) she stated she was not apart of the initial conversation, I asked her; if her firm verbally stated that they would negotiate on my behalf isn't that binding in agreement? She stated she was not apart of that conversation. I asked for full refund, she denied, stating services were rendered.

Now we're out the money, and in forclosure. Don't be misled by this firm like we were! Thanks TMLG for assisting in the loss of our home!! Don't forget to use me as your reference.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-mortgage-law-group/Chicago-Illinois-60606/the-mortgage-law-group-will-not-back-what-they-say-they-will-do-out-money-and-propery-923146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the mortgage law group