Complaint Review: The Moving Company

• Submitted: Tue, February 01, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 04, 2005

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
The Moving Company
8350 Bristol Ct., Ste. 106 Jessup, Maryland U.S.A.

The Moving Company = Rip Off ripoff Jessup Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: They are BBB members and illegally brokered. in good standing!

I contracted The Moving Company Services to move my belongings from Washington D.C to Phoenix, AZ. When planning my move with their estimator, Shannon, she assured me that my move would take approximately one week from start to finish. After receiving estimates from other moving companies, I chose The Moving Company because of Ms. Shannon's assertion that my move would be timely.

While signing the final agreement, I understood that it could take up to 20 business days, but Ms. Shannon reassured me that this would most likely not be the case. However, my move was contracted another sub- contractor. While they picked up my belongings on time, they did not arrive in AZ until 31 December 2004three weeks past the date Ms. Shannon estimated, and even past the 20 working days noted in the contract.

The customer service provided by The Moving Company was disgraceful. Doron, the dispatcher, was rude, disorganized, and unreliable. He never returned my phone calls inquiring about my belongings, he continually changed the delivery date, and he constantly made excuses for the poor services he was providing. The drivers for my truck were similarly irresponsible.

They planned to deliver my belongings on 30 December 2004, then changed the date to the morning of 31 December 2004. They didn't arrive until the afternoon of 31 December because they "overslept and were tired." While I understand that they only human The poor service they provided was inexcusable.

I chose The Moving Company for my move because I believed that they would provide efficient and reliable service. They failed in every regard.

Tania
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2005 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Moving-Company/Jessup-Maryland-20794/The-Moving-Company-Rip-Off-ripoff-Jessup-Maryland-129780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Moving Company

#1 Consumer Suggestion

They are BBB members and illegally brokered. in good standing!

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Tania, The Moving Company lacks the required license to hire a subcontractor for your move. What they have only allows THEM to perform the move. Therefore, your move was illegally brokered out. Call 1-888-DOT-SAFT and report this (their DOT # is 934058)

Then, contact the Baltimore BBB and file a complaint. They are currently a member in good standing. This is also the second complaint on this site in about a week. Hopefully the pattern of poor service will get their membership revoked.