Complaint Review: The Online Business Bureau

• Submitted: Mon, January 31, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 02, 2011

• Reported By: Fox — United States of America
The Online Business Bureau
1629 K Street, NW, Suite #300 Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

The Online Business Bureau is NOT a BETTER Business Bureau Washington, District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Regarding the OBB and the BBB

*Author of original report: The Online Business Bureau has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau

The Online Business Bureau is not a BETTER Business Bureau. They recommend businesses with F Better Business Bureau ratings. The Online Business Bureaus' Trusted Site and Recommended ratings have no basis in the track record of the company being endorsed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2011 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Online-Business-Bureau/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20006/The-Online-Business-Bureau-is-NOT-a-BETTER-Business-Bureau-Washington-District-of-Columb-689013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Online Business Bureau

Regarding the OBB and the BBB

AUTHOR: BruceH - ()

After reading the reports on OBB, I've decided not to join.  But, I also have a comment about the Better Business Bureau and THEIR registration "rules".

I started my business, using my own name, in 1994. In 1996 I took it online and--the following year--registered the name, Best Prices Storable Foods.  I later contacted the Better Business Bureau and asked for membership, figuring it might help sales.  All of our customers had been very happy with us. We had no known complaints. No product returns.

Heh.

I was rejected because of the business name, "Best Prices".  They said I'd have to prove to them that I had the best prices.

I asked them why they gave BEST BUY membership.  Did Best Buy have to prove that they had the "best buy"??

The BBB had no answer to that.  (Maybe it was because we were doing only a million-a-year in sales and Best Buy does a billion-a-year?)  I haven't yet researched if other companies with names starting with Best have been granted membership....

My point in all this is that the BBB DOES discriminate in awarding/denying membership, and--if they rate the OBB with an F--that, in and of itself, tells me nothing about the reliability of the OBB ... from personal experience with the BBB.  They MAY just resent that they didn't think of the name first!

The Online Business Bureau has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau

AUTHOR: Fox - (United States of America)

They arenot called the online BETTER business bureau for a reason! Their trusted site endorsements (for scams like A1 Marketing Unlimited) mean trouble.