Complaint Review: The Parts Broker

• Updated: Mon, July 29, 2013

• Reported By: Charles — Sylmar California
The Parts Broker
42 Gailor Rd Gansevoort, New York USA

The Parts Broker Saratoga Classics Incompetent or thieves? Tough call. Gansevoort New York

These people are at best incompetent and at worst thieves.  They cannot deliver on a simple transaction.  Would you like more detail?  OK.

I ordered a part from this business on September 28th, 2012. As soon as I hung up the phone form my initial contact, I realized I had ordered a part for the wrong side of my car.  I immediaytely called them back and left a voice mail with the correction.  I also sent an e-mail AND, when they sent me a credit card authorization form, I made sure to list the exact, correct part I wanted on the form when i sent it back.

In the intervening seven months, I have been shipped an incorrect part three times. I have stated explicitly over the phone and through email numerous times exactly the part that was needed; they ignored all of this and stuck steradfastly with the very first part I accidetnally told them I wanted.  The first two I was sent were correct but for the wrong side of the vehicle and the third part (which I received in the first week of March 2013) didn't even match anything in the parts diagrams I had sent them multiple times via email. I was charged for the part and a $100.00 fee at the beginning of this fiasco. I have been refunded for the incorrect parts (though with no assiatance from The Parts Broker) but not the "finders fee" that Saratoga Classics/The Parts Broker charges.

The first incorrect part was refunded without incident by the third party supplier (NOT The Parts Broker). The supplier of the second incomplete part (again, not The Parts Broker) refused a full refund but I disputed the payment with my bank and received the full amount back anyway. I am therefore out no money for parts. I have asked a person named John at The Parts Broker for a refund of the $100.00 fee several times and was told this refund was contingent upon return of the latest incorrect part. I asked them to send me a call tag at the beginning of March 2013.  They agreed. Even though we have been in contact several times since then, I am still waiting for this business to send me the promised call tag to return the part.

On April 30th, 2013, a full SEVEN MONTHS after the beginning of the transaction, I gave up and contacted the Better Business Bureau.  A month passed and this shady business did not respond to the BBB.

I then contacted the New York State Division of Consumer Protection.  THIS got The Parts Broker's attention; they responded with a statement via mail that was among the most illogically thought-through and half-truthful things I have ever read.

I can fully document all email exchanges and back up everything I have claimed here.

NEVER, EVER, EVER give these people a penny.  They are either amazingly dishonest, incapable of running a business well, or both.  Check out all the complaints against them at the Better Business Bureau!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Parts-Broker/Gansevoort-New-York-12831/The-Parts-Broker-Saratoga-Classics-Incompetent-or-thieves-Tough-call-Gansevoort-New-Yo-1071077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Parts Broker