Complaint Review: the party ride

• Reported By: Monique — Mays Landing New Jersey United States of America
the party ride
13-11 Jackson Avenue Long Island City, New York United States of America

the party ride marc, anthony gratuity rip off Long Island City, New York

Hi, I wanted to do a complaint against this company. I planned a nice surprise party for my husbands 30th Birthday Party. We don't get out much since we have 2 kids, one with disabilities. So this was a big deal for us both. I ended up going with this company because the bus looked nice, it had a pole in the middle and a fog machine. (which I thought were added bonus's) So I went with them. First I had to deal with Marc with everything, but than when I called a couple of days before hand to make sure everything was going smoothly it didn't exactly.

I wanted to make sure we had the bus we asked for and the pole in the middle. The girl said o no you don't have that bus and it didn't have a pole in it anyway. I noted that Marc said all of the bus's had them in it. So she had to make sure I ended up getting what I asked for in the first place. (good thing I called before hand or who knows what bus I would have gotten) Than when the bus came the driver demanded 20% or we couldn't leave.

I thought that was strange so I called up the bus location but no one answered. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to leave since he said he needed the money up front. So our friends had to take more money out of their pocket, which was embarrasing. Than the water in the sink didn't work, the dvd player didn't work, and the fog machine wouldn't work. We also didn't get our extra hour we were suppose to get.

I called to complain 2 days later since the next day was a sunday. Marc said to do an email complaint which I did and he said it would be taken care of in 24 hours which it didn't. So I called back again to find out he was fired and Anthony was taking over. So I've been in contact with him and resent the email he wanted me to send that I sent to marc. It's been two months and nothing has been done. I spoke to Anthony once again today and he said "the money from the tip is between me and the driver" which we all know how that will go. I also have witness's that heard the driver demand the money up front. and pretty much called me stupid.

I went and googled their business name to see if there were any complaints and sure enough there was and thats how I ended up on this site. I want my money back and for their business to be shut down. It's not right to take our hard earned money and everyone elses and be treated in this fashion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-party-ride/Long-Island-City-New-York-/the-party-ride-marc-anthony-gratuity-rip-off-Long-Island-City-New-York-817428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the party ride