Complaint Review: The Pedigree Shop

• Reported By: comall2 — Aurora Colorado
The Pedigree Shop
8505 Park Meadows Center Dr Ste 2020 Littleton, Colorado USA

The Pedigree Shop SOLD A SICK PUPPY Littleton Colorado

Went to The Pedigree Shop at the end of May in search of a new puppy, despite reading HORRIBLE reviews about the place, the owner, and the puppies sold there.  I found a puppy that I wanted and paid nearly $2,000 in cash for it.  Four days later the puppy appeared to be sick so I took the puppy to suggested vet to find out the puppy was very ill with pneumonia, and was given medicine for her.  By midnight of that same day, puppy could not breathe at all and needed to be taken to the emergency vet.  She had to be hospitalized for two days and came out with a $1400 vet bill.  Owner said she would assist with bill so I dropped off paperwork, then was told paperwork would be mailed to me.  I have waited over 3 months before even making a complaint, and have tried to contact her MULTIPLE times, only to be told she is out of town, or not in the store.  At this point, I am certain she is avoiding the situation...what wonderful customer service!! It is now mid-August, and I still have not received one phone call back in regards to this situation.  The one time that I was able to speak with the owner, she was VERY rude, and not sympathetic like someone should be, considering not only did I put nearly $2,000 into her business, but had to deal with a sick puppy that nearly died.   All I want is for her to follow through with what she said she would do, is that too much to ask?

Do not buy from this pet shop.  I was a fool for thinking the reviews were over critical, or false.  They are 100% legitimate.

Category: Product Issues

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2013 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Pedigree-Shop/Littleton-Colorado-80124/The-Pedigree-Shop-SOLD-A-SICK-PUPPY-Littleton-Colorado-1076210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Pedigree Shop