Complaint Review: The Pet Zone

• Reported By: min-pin-lover — SADDLE BROOK New Jersey United States of America
The Pet Zone
1340 WILLOW BROOK MALL wayne, New Jersey United States of America

The Pet Zone (SELLING SICK PUPPIES) wayne, New Jersey

I purchased a min-pin puppy at the willow brook mall. this puppy was under a warrenty. after paying $1278.00 for this dog from this store when the pup turned 7months he was diagnosed with Legg-prethes disease in BOTH HIPS ( LPD is an EXTREMELY painful bone disease- where the bone in the hip joint just crumbles and falls apart in the dogs body, which IS A HEREDITARY/CONGENITAL DISEASE COVERED IN THEIR WARRANTY THAT WAS SOLD TO ME FOR AN EXTRA 100$$) ! after getting my TWO letters of 'unfit for sale' and brought them to The Pet Zone, the manager argues with me about the refund ! they just wanted the puppy to be put down& give me anew one- this was my FIRST puppy ever and i was just in love with him and COULD NOT just put him down- the surgery rate for this disease was 99.8% effective and my pup being perfectly healthy (BESIDES THIS DISEASE) deserved that chance- finally the store mgr agreed to refund me- as did the insurance company due to their policy. [continued below]....
..... after all was said and done I went and got my baby this 4000$ surgery the bills came so I called the insurance company P.A.W.S to see where my check was? They informed me that my claim along with SEVERAL OTHERS was being sent back to the corporate of The Pet Zone for payment- as they will NO LONGER BE covering/insuring The Pet Zone. I was very upset at this point and called the store to get the corperate's telephone number- when I called the employee "so nicley" and i use that term VERY lightly informed me that there IS NO CORPORATE JUST TED THE OWNER. I was given Ted's number and called him right away he rushed me off the phone telling me to e-mail him all the info. As i did. and i waited and waited - so i called again- left a message still nothing sent him ANOTHER SECOND and final request for a responce and stilll NOTHING ! He refuses to respond to anything. After all why would he want to take responsibilities for SELLING SICK DISEASED PUPPIES !?!?!?!
     Now i am here 21 years old working 3 jobs to try and pay this back so my credit doesnt get messed up because this jerk doesnt know how to run a proper TRUST WORTHY business !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2011 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Pet-Zone/wayne-New-Jersey-07470/The-Pet-Zone-SELLING-SICK-PUPPIES-wayne-New-Jersey-740392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Pet Zone