Complaint Review: The Pod Drop

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Rochester Michigan United States of America
The Pod Drop
424 South Main St. Rochester, Michigan United States of America

The Pod Drop I was offered a job with the company. Two days of working and I get a call saying I don't work out. I asked why no reason was given I asked if I was going to get compensated he said yes, still no Rochester, Michigan

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DISREGARD THIS POST

*Author of original report: They have agreed to pay me for wasting two days

The Pod Drop is the biggest joke I have ever experienced, kids drinking on the job. Beer cans everywhere. Rude customer service makes you feel extremely uncomfortable even being their. Don't ask questions that will just put you further behind. I should have gone with my gut feeling on this one establishments like these are transparent to me shady, deceptive, unprofessional, do not know how to deal with the public.

Those were all the red flags. Especially when the owner said "ya you just set your own price whatever you want to charge the customer you can do it there is  a lot of money to be made off these people." So ripping off consumers for a cash under the table is pretty much their motto. So customers of the Pod Drop beware they pick and choose prices for cash that they put in their pocket.

They also pay cash under the table to any trainee or new worker. [continued below]....
..... No they don't have an accountant these pod drops are all franchised and owned by different people so like a party store in the boonies they can monopolize the industry of Apple products especially. This is a warning to all customers beware and also know that you void your warranty with apple if you let these kids fix your iPhone with there cheap tools. I would have been content with the compensation for the two days I wasted with this joke of an establishment; but now I feel it is ethical to let others know about their scams.

The guy told me he would send me a check and still has not and everyone at the place will not return my phone calls. Just more indications of how I should have gone with my gut feeling on these guys. Integrity in the workplace is the most important factor when I choose a job so I wasted two days and declined another job and dropped out of school thinking I had a job. When it comes to business ethics the Pod Drop does not have any so please be on guard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Pod-Drop/Rochester-Michigan-48037/The-Pod-Drop-I-was-offered-a-job-with-the-company-Two-days-of-working-and-I-get-a-call-sa-830398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Pod Drop

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DISREGARD THIS POST

AUTHOR: Anthony - (USA)

All of the information above about the pod drop is incorrect and I jumped the gun when I was terminated from the pod drop I disagreed with their decision to fire me or let me go however I did not know this would be permeate on their reputation as it is a good one first and foremost. I was compensated legally and I reserve the right to my first amendment that my original report was out of anger if you will. We have settled this matter in full.

They have agreed to pay me for wasting two days

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

Fellow SBA and BBB members as you know I have had my private investigator on their case for about a month now. She does a wonderful job btw highly recommended if you can get to my linked in page some how please check out what she does and her "Scam Busters" anyways they agreeded over the phone that the gentlemen would pay me for my labor at the pod drop I thank all of you for the support in this matter we as the SBA know that integrity is everything in business its common sense to us. I will ride all the way down to pick up a under the table check for my compensation which we end up costing me more just to get the check and hopefully drive back home safely. I made sure to record the call thanks to an application on my phone as well as the the fire department and my uncle who is the chief helped me get through the channels to have this conversation recorded I am not bragging by any means but many SBA members know my parents well and they knew my grandfather police chief of Sterling Heights for years and my parents owning almost a quarter of Romeo not that it's big or again I am not bragging it just makes me laugh when people screw over people who are in high places and know  a  lot of people just on my Dad's side thousands of family members came here on the boat in the twenties and the everyone knew my Grandfather who will always be dearly missed anyways to conclude I will keep this case open upon payment and we will see if it has to escalate to 52-3 small claims court lol normally it costs businesses like these to hire an attorney that charges them 500/hour lol my cousin is one of the best lawyers in Michigan and will be willing to do it pro bono for me more evident people should know who they are dealing with when they screw them over Thanks again