sequence

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: barone1997 — Gilroy California
The Progressive Company
6300 Wilson Mills Road Mayfield Village, Ohio USA

The Progressive Company AKA Progressive Insurance Absurd cancellation fee & disrespeful customer service Mayfield Village Ohio

I recently cancelled my auto insurance policies for a very good reason and was charged a $50 fee. I requested that the fee be waived (from Glenn Renwick, CEO, who turned my complaint over to James Kincaid) in light of my particular situation but James Kincaid denied my request and stated that any escalated complaints are routed to him and he will just deny every request. I am once again requesting a one time waiver of the fee in good faith.

I feel I am justified in requesting this waiver  of fee as I am not transferring my policies for frivolous reasons. I am moving my auto policies to State Farm because I moved my Homeowner’s policy to them just a few months ago and I would like to keep my policies together. Needless to say, I was not penalized by my former insurance company for switching to Progressive and am quite appalled at this fee, as I have been policyholder for 10 years and have not filed excessive claims, maintained a good driving record with no accidents,  have not missed my monthly payments, and have been a loyal and responsible policyholder.

I had terrible experiences with Progressive Homeowner’s Insurance-unfair raising of coverages and premiums (which were reduced after filing formal complaints with the Dept. of Insurance) and this past policy renewed carried an exorbitant surcharge for a wood pellet stove, which State Farm does not incur. One of the representatives even accidentally copied me accidentally on an e-mail he sent to his boss, which contained disparaging remarks about me.Since State Farm wrote my Homeowner’s policy, I moved my auto policies as well, to take advantage of the multi-policy discount, much the same as I did with Progressive (again with no “penalty” cancellation fee). I would have kept my auto policies had Progressive not kept increasing the premiums and surcharges on my home policy (again with no claims filed).The service has been terrible for both lines and I am very disappointed.

The last correspondence from James Kincaid stated that all complaints are forwarded to him and he makes the decisions. He stated he will continue to deny my request, and the collection activity will not cease. My credit report is also being threatened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Progressive-Company/Mayfield-Village-Ohio-44143/The-Progressive-Company-AKA-Progressive-Insurance-Absurd-cancellation-fee-disrespeful-c-1064240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Progressive Company