Complaint Review: The Remedy Law Group/Remedy Center

• Updated: Wed, January 01, 2014

• Reported By: Bernadette Walker — Riviera Beach Florida
The Remedy Law Group/Remedy Center
4500 Campus Drive, #235 Newport Beach, California USA

The Remedy Law Group/Remedy Center The people were: LisaKilgore@ext.243, Matt Hay@ext.510,#949-600-4184Jose Arellano@ext. 244, fax#94 I was trying to save my home from foreclosure and this company scammed me out of $4000.00 claiming that they can help me modify my home and lower my mortgage $1200.00 to $425.00 per month. Newport Beach California

*Author of original report: The Remedy Group Correction

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: REMEDY OWNED BY CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY ANDREW DUFF WEISS

I was trying to save my home from going into foreclosure. This man from a company called Remedy Law Group sent some information through the mail saying that he could guarantee that my mortgage will be lowered permanently. I called the number and when I spoke to him, I asked if he could send me something in the mail that indicated he knew what was needed for this to happen.

He sent all the documents that a local attorney had sent me. The previous attorney did not gaurantee a lower mortgage so I went with The Remedy Group. He said is name was Matt Hay. He then told me what it cost and how I was to go about setting up three payments of about $1260.00 each to be withdrawn from my account. Over several weeks different people from the Remedy Group emailed me requesting different items like hardship letters, wage info etc.

After several weeks I started to worry when my mortgage company continued to push the foreclosure. [continued below]....

..... When I spoke to the law firm about it, they told me it was standard procedure for mortgage companies to do that. After a few months it bacame harder and harder for me to contact anyone at the company(Remedy).

Soon after many many attempts to contact someone. there was a message on their answering service saying that there was a problem with the phone and I never heard from anyone after that.

By the way, I was told to send a voided check and they withdrew the payments from my account so it will be easy for me to provide proof.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2014 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Remedy-Law-GroupRemedy-Center/Newport-Beach-California-92660/The-Remedy-Law-GroupRemedy-Center-The-people-were-LisaKilgoreext243-Matt-Hayext510-1112157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Remedy Law Group/Remedy Center

The Remedy Group Correction

AUTHOR: Bernadette Walker - ()

My name is Bernadette Walker and I would like to make a correction about the numbers I stated in my January complaint on the Remedy Group. They took exactly $3495.00 from me. The payments were in increments of three seperate payments of $1165.00 written on checks 91, 92, and 93 from my Bank of America account.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

REMEDY OWNED BY CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY ANDREW DUFF WEISS

AUTHOR: EDWARD MORGAN - ()

File a report on Attorney Andrew Duff Weiss with THE CALIFORNIA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION for a refund.